why I'm getting bad sounds

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a brand new zv4 12, 2 days old, so it might just not be broken in but I thought I should ask just Incase. whenever I keep the subwoofer at a low volume it sounds great and hits very hard but once I get to a certain volume where I used to could go on my 4 old hds208s, the zv4 makes a noise that doesn't sound good almost like it is bottoming out or like it is being pushed on too many watts but I don't think I'm pushing too many Watts because I'm only using a ta1 3000d soundstream amp and people say that it doesn't actually push anywhere even near 3000 and the subwoofer is a 2000 Rms but people say that it's very underated and can handle atleast 4000 watts.... what do you guys think, maybe not broken in or too many what's or maybe even something else

maybe you're clipping the amp. if it sounds hollow thats probably clipping.

set your filters properly, depending on your tuning set the LPF at 80hz and the hpf(ssf) somewhere around 30hz

I have a brand new zv4 12, 2 days old, so it might just not be broken in but I thought I should ask just Incase. whenever I keep the subwoofer at a low volume it sounds great and hits very hard but once I get to a certain volume where I used to could go on my 4 old hds208s, the zv4 makes a noise that doesn't sound good almost like it is bottoming out or like it is being pushed on too many watts but I don't think I'm pushing too many Watts because I'm only using a ta1 3000d soundstream amp and people say that it doesn't actually push anywhere even near 3000 and the subwoofer is a 2000 Rms but people say that it's very underated and can handle atleast 4000 watts.... what do you guys think, maybe not broken in or too many what's or maybe even something else
sounds exactly like a poor ground along with amplifier clipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.