Why i have to max out gain?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Manu

CarAudio.com Recruit
Romania
Hello, yesterday i installed a Hifonics Mxs12d2 with a Pioneer GM D9601 monoblock. Before i had another amplifier and and i also had have the gain max out because my subwoofer have no power. With this amplifier i have the same problem, gain is max out but i'm sure is not at 100% of its potential. My suspect is the head unit, a sony dsx a200ui, i think it have a problem with the pre out. What do you think guys?

Probably. Two things jump out at me, 2 volts and rear out. 2 volts is kinda weak for an output, making you turn up the gains much higher than, say, my 5v KENWOOD. The other thing is “rear” out. Do you have the sound faded to the front? If so, you’re likely killing the output on your RCAs.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

I am out of the car audio world the more my ears age. However, I am very much still a hobbyist in the electrical field. With much of my current...
Apple Iphone 14 pro MAX 1tb / Sony Playstation 5 New I am selling the Apple Iphone 14 Pro Max 1TB , brand new and original . Text : ‪(612)...
Ive been tuning by ear for over 25 years.. and so far havent let me down yet thankfully :oops:
You can get close with tones, but music signal is all OVER the place in both frequencies and voltages. Like, if you listen to rap, the bass line...

About this thread

Manu

CarAudio.com Recruit
Manu
Romania
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from