why get a radiator?battery?

Participant count
  • Participant list

xjmadness
10+ year member

The beauty of green
ATL
is it necessary to get a new ALTERNATOR/battery if im getting 2 12" 1000w max subs and a 2000w amp? if so how much do they cost?

i have a 97 cherokee any help wolud be appreciated

EDIT: i meant an alternator not a radiator LoL:banghead: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif :banghead: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif :banghead:

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif i dont know thats why im asking ??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

how much would a new alternator cost and how muhc would it be to getting it rewound?

what are the benefits of doing tihs? sorry im a newb at car audio

getting it rewound would probably be the cheaper and first thing to try....u can usually get them rewound at like any alt. store.....usually like 50 or 60 bucks max....as for the new alt...it all depends on how many ampers your going to need....easist way to find out is to find out how many ampers your car draws w/ everything running.....find out the max. ampers that the amplifier will draw....add them together and if they excede the max output of your alt i would recomend getting one/rewinding one to slightly more than the above number....and the benifits will be no straining electrical system ie... no dimming of lights....no car running rougher cause its not getting enough/struggling w/ other systems for power....all in all its better....also make sure u upgrade your power and ground wires if u get a new alt(at least the size of the power wire for the amplifier...good luck

If you wanna know can happen with a small Alt. and big system, my friend has two RF Punch HE 12's and a kenwood amp, he was sitting in the parking lot at school one day seing how loud he could get it before it would start distorting and well lets just say he didnt get there. He had his lights on and the truck was runnign and when he turned it up the headlights started dimming and so he just kept turning it up untill it was pulling so much that his truck stopped running when he turned it way up, the bass hit one good time and the truck just quit from so much current draw.

Originally posted by Jmac OFF A KENWOOD AMP ??????? AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA !!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
I dont know which one it was but it was one of the excelon series, and im not joking it hit one good time and his truck just quit. He has the loudest system in school nobody can beat him.

Originally posted by 80_Cutlass_mn I dont know which one it was but it was one of the excelon series, and im not joking it hit one good time and his truck just quit. He has the loudest system in school nobody can beat him.
what kind of truck was it?

Originally posted by 80_Cutlass_mn Yea it was pretty funny everyone started laughing when it shut off. His truck was a gmc sanoma ext. cab. 4 cyl. LOL!!!
yeah i bet everyone would laugh. no point in having a loud stereo if it makes your car immobile. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Tell me about it.lol:laugh:

But he had never turned it up that much till that day before so it done allright as long as he kept it down, plus you cant run one loud around here, too many cops and old ppl.lol

All my friends who have systems have allready gotten a ticket for them. I hope i dont get one but im not have it turned up going through town.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.