clipping amplifier

Participant count
  • Participant list

slickrick
10+ year member

Texas
My question to everybody is if a messed up car battery, or a lack of power from the alternator cause an amplifier to start clipping? Or is this only caused by the gain adjustment and maybe even giving an amp to low of an ohm rating, and messed up wiring.. Also what about the grounding of the wire could that play a factor.

I have a rockford fosgate BD1000 amp that is clipping just a little bit. I have checked the wiring and everything is correct. It should be showing the amp a 4ohm load. Would a capacitor help this problem. The manual to the amp says it can handle down to 2ohms.

Does anybody know why it might be clipping?

Thanks for any advice or recommendations.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.