Why don't people compete at 80-90hz?

Participant count
  • Participant list
x2 it's all preference. I joke about high bass, but records are records, and bass that can hurt your body or kill you, because it's so loud, is always impressive. I just think super low Hz SPL is the most difficult thing to do, so it's definitely the challenge I want to conquer.

When you're down in the low 20's, every single stroke of each sub moves so much air in one direction at once. You get into a realm, due to wavelengths and primary resonances, where you really start shifting into a completely different mindstate with enclosures. Low end SPL where you have full B-pillar walls, the amount of air moved per stroke of the sub and simply the large amount of subs people tend to have leans towards certain types of enclosures possibly having a major advantage over other types. I don't want to say what kinds, exactly, haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...