Subs don’t seem to be hitting hard enough

Participant count
  • Participant list

Zach58

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I bought 2 12” Skar SDR’s off a friend and they just don’t seem to be hitting as hard as they should. I know they can hit harder because I’ve been in his truck when he had them lol. Also, I have a Skar 1500.1D amp and he has a Skar 1200. He bought them as a package so it came with the Skar enclosure, and I have a Bbox(ported). My guess was that my box is maybe too small? I don’t have the dimensions at the moment but his Skar enclosure is definitely a little bigger, mostly the port. I also got my amp tuned at an audio shop where I bought the enclosure from.

Anyone have any ideas? Sorry if I sound like an amateur I’m still trying to learn.

Someone made a box with a port smaller than the skar prefab?
Lol, I should have realized when I got it. The audio near by recommended it but he’s kinda known for ripping people off and giving bs advice. That’s just the only place around me so I went with it. I’m gonna try to find a bigger box though. Appreciate it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...