Why don't people compete at 80-90hz?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I should say IMO, burping at 80-90 hz would be like celebrating sex after a vasectomy vs burping at like 30 hz. My door speakers can play 80-90 hz. It's just not a challenge to reproduce notes that high.

Most burping is more than likely going to be based around vehicle resonances. It depends on what class you are in, like whether you just have a normal consumer vehicle or you have a steel caged car with concrete in it. Some vehicles in the higher levels of SPL are completely designed as one solid enclosure, the entire inside of the vehicle is. There's all sorts of 1/4 wave type tunings and resonance chambers or stages in vehicle like that. Ultimately, I think people are just going to wind up burping what works. You see a lot of burps usually anywhere from the mid 30's up to like the 70 hz region. I've seen some loud vehicles burp, but none burp in the 70's or above, in person. All was in the 60 hz range or lower. I think a lot of that just has to do with natural vehicle resonances, and you have to burp where your resonance boosts you, or else you're going to lose SPL. Sound is just like that, where you wind up in a certain bandwidth zone because every factor adds up to the final overall resonance that your vehicles works the best at.

This is what I thought. The same people that call 80hz gay say "IM LOUDER THAN YOU" to someone peaking at 32hz, meanwhile they peak at 58hz. The SPL culture is retarded. Also, I finally hit 150dB at 29hz the other day with your box!

This is what I thought. The same people that call 80hz gay say "IM LOUDER THAN YOU" to someone peaking at 32hz, meanwhile they peak at 58hz. The SPL culture is retarded. Also, I finally hit 150dB at 29hz the other day with your box!

Savage!

I mean, competition is competition and if you're the absolute loudest, it sort of doesn't matter what frequency that you're at. I feel like there should be just different classes for different peaks. I think where you peak should be part of your class, or calculated into an adjusted score. It's hard to know how to adjust it. It's a big difference when you're peaking under 30 hz, especially. It's tremendously more difficult to peak high db's down low. I was just kind of joking when I said that insult, but I do genuinely think in modern times with the sub capabilities + music we have now that we should encourage lower hz bass SPL competitions. They sound better on music, too, so everybody wins, and I think it would be a great next stage in the evolution of bass.

I'm down to see who can peak the loudest under 20 hz in a vehicle. That should be a thing.
I did a box for a RE MX 15 over a decade ago tuned to 25 HZ. Giant giant box. I forget the exact specs but I remember the port being most of the box. It basically looked like a t-line. Big snow storm, couldn’t get out for days, heated shop, boredom, internet out….anyway…Pretty crazy. That sub played low as fvck. I didn’t have any equipment to measure with, but it was a hoot to play with. It shook snow off the metal roof of my little shop……until I epically blew the sub. Lol.

What sub(s)
2x Nsv5 12s in the trunk, specs in my sig.

I do genuinely think in modern times with the sub capabilities + music we have now that we should encourage lower hz bass SPL competitions. They sound better on music, too, so everybody wins, and I think it would be a great next stage in the evolution of bass.
Yeah ifaik that is mostly what people are doing in the UK.

Tuning below 35 hz is stupid to me. And honestly that's to low.
It's preference. I only listen to rebassed music so I have plenty of tracks that hit the lows. If I listened to Spotify I would tune to 36hz. I totally prefer a wind machine over skull shaking bass. And 150dB under 30hz is still loud enough to give you a good shake. I wouldn't feel comfortable dailying a 155dB+ build peaking at 40hz+ as far as hearing damage goes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...