why does the diyma community also sell their crap.

Claiming that a patch cable performs as well as our shielded cables really shows the extent that you know about the subject. Ever heard of an unbalanced preout input on an amp? What about differential inputs? The differences between those are key in determining what type of RCAs are best. You can't throw patch cables on any amp and expect results worth a crap (actually it would work poorly compared to shielded cables on about 90% of amps)
What about those guys that pay 30 grand for fancy *** RCAs and claim theres a monumental difference in sound?

What about those guys that pay 30 grand for fancy *** RCAs and claim theres a monumental difference in sound?
Those are absolutely BS. For each application their is a clear performance ceiling, and it's related to noise rejection. Any claims of "clearer highs" or anything like that are 100% BS, except I suppose you could have clearer highs compared to a noisy signal. The RCA's job is to transfer the signal it is given without allowing noise to enter. The only other issues aren't common except in complete garbage cables (very high resistance, very high capacitance, etc). Other features are purely related to build quality, cosmetics, etc.

Unbalanced: 100% shield coverage. This isn't really possible though, so the more the better. Usually 95-99% with a good shielded cable. Below that isn't too helpful because you just have a holey shield

Differential: A decent Twisted pair. Differential inputs compare the two signals it receives to remove most if not all noise from the line. This is obviously ideal, but most car audio amplifiers still do not use differential inputs.

Bro next time you comment make sure all you're words are fully spelled or correctly sounding.
You're posts are worthless and im losing brain cells reading you're post's.

Go away and please do me a favor and fully spell you're words.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

You can't be serious... You used you're instead of your three times and all three were wrong. Then you made the word "posts" possessive by adding an apostrophe (post's, seriously you idiot?). If you're going to critique someone for spelling and grammar at least know basic second grade level English. Being a grammar nazi myself I just couldn't let this go once my eye twitch ensued. I embrace fellow grammar nazi's, that is until I find out they're a fraud.

I swapped out my cheap Krystals that I've used for years with soundrives a few days ago.

The main purpose was the install and the need for much shorter cables.

I do have a bit of EMI that's noticeable to me at low volume. I hear it's the common DSP noise.

The cables did take a bit off of it.

Could be the cables or could be the fact I didn't have to route them all over the amp rack anymore.

The noise is still there so no cable will fix it.

You can't be serious... You used you're instead of your three times and all three were wrong. Then you made the word "posts" possessive by adding an apostrophe (post's, seriously you idiot?). If you're going to critique someone for spelling and grammar at least know basic second grade level English. Being a grammar nazi myself I just couldn't let this go once my eye twitch ensued. I embrace fellow grammar nazi's, that is until I find out they're a fraud.
You finished? Or are you gonna continue being that random person coming in to be the hero.

All seriousness if i was being serious i wouldn't have done all that. I dont ever bother with grammar and i followed him in 3 other topics.

But still GREAT job in trying to be a hero fagg0t.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Those are absolutely BS. For each application their is a clear performance ceiling, and it's related to noise rejection. Any claims of "clearer highs" or anything like that are 100% BS, except I suppose you could have clearer highs compared to a noisy signal. The RCA's job is to transfer the signal it is given without allowing noise to enter. The only other issues aren't common except in complete garbage cables (very high resistance, very high capacitance, etc). Other features are purely related to build quality, cosmetics, etc.
Unbalanced: 100% shield coverage. This isn't really possible though, so the more the better. Usually 95-99% with a good shielded cable. Below that isn't too helpful because you just have a holey shield

Differential: A decent Twisted pair. Differential inputs compare the two signals it receives to remove most if not all noise from the line. This is obviously ideal, but most car audio amplifiers still do not use differential inputs.
so Soundrive RCA's > the almighty Kimber..? ...

You know I found it kind of funny that all the talk about the snake oil,along with the slight mocking of the DIYMA community,that they are primarily the ones that helped with getting the Soundrive name out there..no..?

so Soundrive RCA's > the almighty Kimber..? ...
You know I found it kind of funny that all the talk about the snake oil,along with the slight mocking of the DIYMA community,that they are primarily the ones that helped with getting the Soundrive name out there..no..?
Better than? Nope. Equal to? Absolutely.

We have sold a lot of cables on DIYMA but no longer have a vendor account there; wasn't worth the high fee. As I said there are a lot of knowledgable guys there - but there are also others that are seriously misled.

And I'm not sure what you mean by snake oil. It has always been my intent to kill off any snake oil surrounding RCAs.

I swapped out my cheap Krystals that I've used for years with soundrives a few days ago. The main purpose was the install and the need for much shorter cables.

I do have a bit of EMI that's noticeable to me at low volume. I hear it's the common DSP noise.

Could be the cables or could be the fact I didn't have to route them all over the amp rack anymore.

use a cap/ultra cap bank to absorb some electrical noise.

I swapped out my cheap Krystals that I've used for years with soundrives a few days ago. The main purpose was the install and the need for much shorter cables.

If it's coming from the DSP itself, it's going to be hard to get rid of the noise.

It's either the DSP but it don't sound like others I've heard. Or it's the radio. It does sound like a fax machine at times, like the computer is talking. But it dies off as the car warms up.

When I use the DSPs volume control its not there at all. Weird.

It's either the DSP but it don't sound like others I've heard. Or it's the radio. It does sound like a fax machine at times, like the computer is talking. But it dies off as the car warms up.
Ive recently read the mecp beginner study guide. Working on certification.

So inductive coupling? IE: noise coming in from outside sources. Try wiring up a seperate head unit outside of where yours is now. If noise is gone, then you know what it is. Isolate each step in the audio chain till you figure out what it is.

Could also try using a capacitor to filter out AC ripple.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.