Why does my W7 sound like Poo?

Then the problem isn't the sub or the settings.....is the lack of quality midbass/range speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
That's what I thought the problem was initially, and my response was targeted at a problem of that nature.

Proper way to fix that is to upgrade the interior speakers, not to bump the sub's xover all the way up to 150hz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Granted //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

And yes; crossing a sub at 150hz is a terrible thing in most installs.
RL-p's are fun.

but i seriously dont think its lack of midbass midrange. Cause i play Just total bass tracks. with just running bass lines and it sounds really boomy and unnatral. I dunno if its the box or what. maybe its just my prefrence. Ive only really heard sealed subs before.

A W7, and just about any other sub, would sound terrible crossed over as high as 150hz. And, any component mid or even a coax mid worth installing will extend below 150hz.

yea i guess its just my perfrence. My friend listened to it and he was blown away. ill never be satisfied.

length is 26 innter port wall 19 depth 14 height 12 port opening 2 and the port heading back seems like 12.25 inchs. IF that helps. plz
No not really:crap:

Measure the Length x Width x Height.

The the Port Width x Height x Length.

Give me exact external dimmensions. And exact port dimmensions.

Here fill in this field

BOX - L x W x H

PORT - W x H x L

Just fill in the W,L,H for me like I have it above.

alright thanks guys i went up to my local audio palce and they are gonna build me a sealed box 2.5 cubes before displacement. Hopefully it soudns good. Thanks again

ok so i put my W7 in a sealed box and i have to say. It does sound good. Not as loud as i would of thought but the SQ is really good. Id have to say its a bit louder then my brahma 15 with same SQ. Not much louder but very impressive for a single sealed sub.

Ive got a 13w7 in a Prowedge JL box being pushed by a Xtant x1001.....Its installed in a Dodge Ram ext cab CTD and with the windows UP its not that impressive(SQ is very good though)Roll the windows DOWN and it gets alot louder but still not quite up to my expectations of what a $1k sub should sound like.

Im going to strap another x1001 I have on it to see if that helps any.If that doesnt work,then ill get a ported box.

Maybe im just expecting to much from what is supposed to be 1 of the best subs on the market???

Ive got a 13w7 in a Prowedge JL box being pushed by a Xtant x1001.....Its installed in a Dodge Ram ext cab CTD and with the windows UP its not that impressive(SQ is very good though)Roll the windows DOWN and it gets alot louder but still not quite up to my expectations of what a $1k sub should sound like.
Im going to strap another x1001 I have on it to see if that helps any.If that doesnt work,then ill get a ported box.

Maybe im just expecting to much from what is supposed to be 1 of the best subs on the market???
probally because that amps of yours does it's rated power @ 2ohms, and with your 13w7, you'll never get it wired to 2ohms.

probally because that amps of yours does it's rated power @ 2ohms, and with your 13w7, you'll never get it wired to 2ohms.
Maybe,but Xtant says there amp shold push out 750-800w rms at 3 ohms and the bench sheet that came with the amp said 650w@4ohms and 1250@2 ohms.So im pretty **** close to the 1000w rms reccomended.

I dont think being underpowered is the problem but will see here soon.

I really think a sealed box just takes ALOT out of this sub but ive already got the other Xtant x1001 so ill try it 1st.

if u want to hear a w7 i got 3 people in atlanta w/one including myself

1 guy has 2 13w7s off an orion

1 guy has a 12w7 ported off a xeon 1200.1

i have a 13w7 ported of a 1000.1

i haven't heard the 12w7 but when i had my 12w7 it slammed

i have YET to hear a 13w7 in a ported box sound like crap but i have heard a 13w7 sealed sound pretty bad....

your problem had to have been your box..... and/or amp!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.