Why does everyone bash JL for their prices?

Thats how i get my rocks off. Ending sentences with the word 'though'. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

the reason JL audio is the best is because of QUALITY, I can buy 2 sony subwoofer that have the same specs as my jl audio 10''s on paper and my JL audios will sound AND FEEL at least twice as loud and wayyy better (ive tested this before). Thats why im willing to pay a little extra for there product

Nonsense, the W7 would CRUSH those faggy woofers in a SQ comp.
They arent gay woofers the DD series are handmade take 5k+ watts and are more on the SPL side as well as the BTL the Fi Q series is their SQ sub and is just like the JLw7 and sounds better to me but I would rather have a man made woofer made with love then a mass produced over priced woofer that everyone has it simply comes down to this "Go big or go home" Not dissing Jl just dissing the price

JL is a...more or less "Designer" speaker
Kinda like bose

Its expensive and has alot of ads to pay for

Tons of word of mouth.

If you asked 1000 people if they prefer JL or SSA...most would say "what is SSA?"

JL stuff is great, of course they have weak points.

Overall I like the stuff, just not for me

Hardly a designer speaker:

Bose_301_1.JPG

Compared to this:

75184d1236282481-jl-w7-jl-audio-jl13w7.jpg

What does it matter how the subwoofer is made? As long as the end result is good, who cares?

And the DD's may do well in SPL comps... thats because they're SPL woofers. The JL's, are not. Apples to oranges. Hints the SQ reference.

What does it matter how the subwoofer is made? As long as the end result is good, who cares?

And the DD's may do well in SPL comps... thats because they're SPL woofers. The JL's, are not. Apples to oranges. Hints the SQ reference.

They arent gay woofers the DD series are handmade take 5k+ watts and are more on the SPL side as well as the BTL the Fi Q series is their SQ sub and is just like the JLw7 and sounds better to me but I would rather have a man made woofer made with love then a mass produced over priced woofer that everyone has it simply comes down to this "Go big or go home" Not dissing Jl just dissing the price
Another superb post...

I'd use a W7 anyday, but that's because I am not all about breaking windows in my car.

I personally love how he suggested comparing a 18" DD to a 13w7.

My point was so great it deserved to be repeated. So repeat it i did..
I think you meant to use the word "hence" in that post too. I could be wrong, THOUGH. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the reason JL audio is the best is because of QUALITY, I can buy 2 sony subwoofer that have the same specs as my jl audio 10''s on paper and my JL audios will sound AND FEEL at least twice as loud and wayyy better (ive tested this before). Thats why im willing to pay a little extra for there product
YES.

JL Audio spells quality.. and that's something you've got to pay for.

I keep seeing this "DD" being mentioned.. who?

..and then people start naming off letters like they'd sound any better than a speaker.. what the hell is wrong with you people? Letters don't reproduce sub bass frequencies.

Nah man, Alpine is the best. eh wins all the competitions and doesnt afraid of anything
JL > Alpine

This.

YES.

JL Audio spells quality.. and that's something you've got to pay for.

I keep seeing this "DD" being mentioned.. who?

..and then people start naming off letters like they'd sound any better than a speaker.. what the hell is wrong with you people? Letters don't reproduce sub bass frequencies.

Nah man, Alpine is the best. eh wins all the competitions and doesnt afraid of anything
JL > Alpine

This.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.