Why does everyone bash JL for their prices?

well, thats about retail on a w7. the difference? a w7 could never dream of hitting that hard. Its not even a fair comparison. You wanna pay that much for a 1000rms sub, or for a 2500ems sub?

JL makes good products, but I will never use them. My buddy has 2 w6s and he thinks its the best system ever invented...lol

well, thats about retail on a w7. the difference? a w7 could never dream of hitting that hard. Its not even a fair comparison. You wanna pay that much for a 1000rms sub, or for a 2500ems sub?JL makes good products, but I will never use them. My buddy has 2 w6s and he thinks its the best system ever invented...lol
Got to agree. They make good equipment, no doubt, but for enthusiasts like us who KNOW that there is better stuff out there, JL is a joke. Mainstream people, on the otherhand, who think Alpine, JL, and Rockford Fosgate are the pinnacle of car audio, believe the high price on JL stuff means it's the best of the best. The people who pay full retail on JL and Alpine simply don't know any better. That's why JL gets ripped on these forums - over priced and flashy.

Besides, no one smart pays full retail for anything, even from authorized dealers.

well, thats about retail on a w7. the difference? a w7 could never dream of hitting that hard. Its not even a fair comparison. You wanna pay that much for a 1000rms sub, or for a 2500ems sub?JL makes good products, but I will never use them. My buddy has 2 w6s and he thinks its the best system ever invented...lol
TRU DAT, and we all know that you could throw a nice 3k RMS at the warden daily and it would love it. try that with the W7 LMAO see what happens

Morons, ITT.
You started it, bro. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The only problem is JL's manufacturer's suggested retail pricing and the fact that most people in the car audio internet community are concerned with SPL. If you're interested in building a system that sounds good and you buy JL equipment in the "grey market", it's not so bad.

EDIT:

The anti-mainstream stance is ever so popular in the car audio scene too. For some reason, people hate the idea of running equipment that's known to the masses.

theres nothin "MORON" about it take what u spend on a JL sub and for that much u can get 3 times the performance by doing your homework, your the moron go cry bout it on a JL forum u asked a question and because its not what u wanted to hear ur gonna cry. well i guess if ur not prepared for the truth then u better not ask the question JL DICK RIDER

theres nothin "MORON" about it take what u spend on a JL sub and for that much u can get 3 times the performance by doing your homework, your the moron go cry bout it on a JL forum u asked a question and because its not what u wanted to hear ur gonna cry. well i guess if ur not prepared for the truth then u better not ask the question JL DICK RIDER
That might be the worst post I've read all week. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

JL is a...more or less "Designer" speaker

Kinda like bose

Its expensive and has alot of ads to pay for

Tons of word of mouth.

If you asked 1000 people if they prefer JL or SSA...most would say "what is SSA?"

JL stuff is great, of course they have weak points.

Overall I like the stuff, just not for me

lol, 3 times the performance? How do you figure?

oh well he asked the question then got all butt hurt cuz he didnt like the responce
You're not making any sense //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

JL is a...more or less "Designer" speaker
Kinda like bose

Its expensive and has alot of ads to pay for

Tons of word of mouth.

If you asked 1000 people if they prefer JL or SSA...most would say "what is SSA?"

JL stuff is great, of course they have weak points.

Overall I like the stuff, just not for me
Well put.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.