Why do people put so many speakers in the doors??

red1ty1

My main question is, why do so many people put so many mids and highs in the doors. Wont that just hurt your ears even more???

Im asking this because I upgraded my front speakers in my car and when im cranking the music to get my subs loud the speakers are too loud and hurt my ears even though the gain on my 4 channel is very low!!!. (Im very used to listening to loud music).

So i was thinking, well maybe if i put 2 mids and maybe 2 highs like adding a 5" mid and maybe another tweeter, will i get better, fuller and clearer sound without needing to be so loud???

I know this is alot but this is a problem ive been facing and I am very confused.

Most vehicles with doors packed with speakers are doing high 150's or more. Your probably in the low 130's if your subs can't keep up with your front stage. It's not even comparable. If your music hurts to listen to your tweets are harsh and probably being over powered or sent a dirty signal. I'd get amps set with a scope.

ok so i will play with my eq settings, ill probably swap the infinity speakers with some rockford speakers i dont like the sound of my infinitys that much.

So the only reason people put like 5mids and 5 highs in each door is just so that it can play music louder? like more DB?

What is your equipment?

More speakers generally means louder not better.

Quality sound is a result of the right equipment, ( including a DSP) and the correct tuning, not more equipment.

Most vehicles with doors packed with speakers are doing high 150's or more. Your probably in the low 130's if your subs can't keep up with your front stage. It's not even comparable. If your music hurts to listen to your tweets are harsh and probably being over powered or sent a dirty signal. I'd get amps set with a scope.
Seriously? the high 130's, and high 150s. Aren't the high 130's is what jet engine put out?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.