whats the best budget friendly 6.5 midbass driver/tweeter combo in your opinion?

adjetta
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I am looking to redo my front stage, and I've been all over the place. I want just about everything I see...So far I'm leaning toward the cresendo pwx 6.5 and their fs1 tweets, but I am shexualy arroused when I see an RE xxx mid...I really like big shexy mids....

either way I don't want to spend more than $200 per set, they will be run of a Soundqubed q4-120, which is 120rms at 4 ohms, 170 rms at 2 ohms

I will also be running mdf rings and deadening the doors with about 2 sheets of Deadener per door

I was just tuning a pair of Alpine SPS-610C components not 5 minutes ago. I like them a lot. They only have 45W on them, but they are loud and sound really good.They are rated for 80W RMS. I think they were only 70 bucks on Amazon. Have another pair on the way.

i live right by that company. are they worth going to. i wanna ask them if they would teach me/let me build my own speaker.
They're definitely worth going to. I'm not sure about building your own speaker, but it's worth asking.

I prefer the LPG 25NFA to the Vifa, but both are excellent tweeters.
I personally love the Vifas, but only if you can mount them on axis. I need to swap to something with better off-axis response due to my current tweeter location.

Tweeters are a little personal or subjective, but I think the NVX XSPTW (same as SB29RDCN-C000-4 The Madisound Speaker Store ) are in another league of tweeters compared to the Vifa XT25. Ether way you getting big bang for the buck, and with the flutes you are still under $200. The NVX NVX XSPTW 29mm X-Series Soft Dome Tweeters - Sonic Electronix come with pods and cleaner install rings and now they even cheaper than madison's version.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.