Why do B&M car audio joints get so touchy if you don't buy from them?!?!

this happens in any field of buisness. the shop isn't makeing anything on the equiptment you're getting so why should they give you a deal on install? doesn't matter wether it's car audio or you need an addition to your house. do you call BB to install a home system that you got from amazon? "yeah i got the lumber from lowes but can you build me a garage?"
You're a moron.

If the store cannot compete with prices somewhere else they should be prepared for labor only profit.

If anything Im beting the store isnt busy at all, and if anything he should have given the guy a cheaper price, its better to put money in the pocket then to lose a sale.

Some people just dont know how to run a business, and thats why a lot of shops, not just car audio places, are getting shut down.

You can expect to pay a little more when you bring your equipment. We discount our labor when we package it all together.
At my shop we are just as happy to install what you brought as to sell you. We do require that you have a good wire kit, don't bring a 4ga kit with 10ga wire in it.

to the OP what business do you have? Local to this guy? He come to your store?
I own a few mall kiosks and a computer repair business. They are all within about 30 miles of the original ship I went to. He didn't need any of my services when I spoke to him. With my computer repair business I will take all customers. Money is money. Doesn't matter to me if my customers bring me parts, as long as everything is compatible I will do the job. My parts or their parts, it doesn't matter to me. Same hourly rate. Word of mouth is worth MUCH MUCH more than an extra few bucks and a customer who feels like they just got had.

You don't take your bacon and eggs to the local restaurant and ask them to cook them for you at a discount, do you? shops have to make money. All the shops I know of have a higher rate for products not purchased from them.
Hmmm, you might be on to something here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

Money is money. Doesn't matter to me if my customers bring me parts, as long as everything is compatible I will do the job. My parts or their parts, it doesn't matter to me.
I sure as hell wouldn't. Would you install some aftermarket heat pipe POS CPU cooler that some idiot buys off Newegg and wants you to install on his brand new Intel i7 or AMD? If you would, my question is answered. BTDT. Send them packing if they don't want to listen. At least 80% of your customers have no clue what they're doing. If they did, chances are they wouldn't need you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif If you don't know what you're doing, then get out while you're ahead.

This is why local shops are doomed. Charging 65 dollars an hour to wire **** together??? That is ******* outrageous. I could understand maybe 20 or 30 bucks an hour but 65???? This is why you should ALWAYS work on **** yourself. People want way too much money to do **** anybody can do with a little research online.

You're a moron.
If the store cannot compete with prices somewhere else they should be prepared for labor only profit.

If anything Im beting the store isnt busy at all, and if anything he should have given the guy a cheaper price, its better to put money in the pocket then to lose a sale.

Some people just dont know how to run a business, and thats why a lot of shops, not just car audio places, are getting shut down.
how the hell does this make me a moron? this is how buisnesses operate. you can not walk into a buisness and tell them "ok i know you normally charge 100/hr, but i'm gonna pay only 75/hr plus i'm not buying any product from you". if i'm the moron, then how many companies that you know do this?

This is why local shops are doomed. Charging 65 dollars an hour to wire **** together??? That is ******* outrageous. I could understand maybe 20 or 30 bucks an hour but 65???? This is why you should ALWAYS work on **** yourself. People want way too much money to do **** anybody can do with a little research online.
You'd be suprised at how many people have no ability to learn how to properly install car audio. Then there are people who would rather have it done by a pro & have insurance as opposed to screwing it up themselves. Others just don't care to waste their time messing with this type stuff.

$65/hr isn't bad @ all.

It's no different from an electrcian, plumber, or mechanic. They all offer a service. Sure, I can go do some research and get the job done. What skill do you offer to your community Magnus?

how the hell does this make me a moron? this is how buisnesses operate. you can not walk into a buisness and tell them "ok i know you normally charge 100/hr, but i'm gonna pay only 75/hr plus i'm not buying any product from you". if i'm the moron, then how many companies that you know do this?
It's simple. Some businesses charge way too much money for a service that basically anybody with a computer can do. You can get a guy on here to do a much better quality job for 1/4 of the price. Businesses don't keep up with the times and eventually fail.

Then there are people who would rather have it done by a pro & have insurance as opposed to screwing it up themselves. Others just don't care to waste their time messing with this type stuff.
$65/hr isn't bad @ all.
Finally, nail on the head. I just want some good sounding toons in my ride. I don't care if Obama installs it. I just want it done right and I want the peace of mind that I didn't get f'd over on the price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.