Why do B&M car audio joints get so touchy if you don't buy from them?!?!

It's no different from an electrcian, plumber, or mechanic. They all offer a service. Sure, I can go do some research and get the job done. What skill do you offer to your community Magnus?
Good electricians, plumbers, and mechanic charge REASONABLE prices in TODAYS market, do TOP NOTCH work, and are willing to work around your time and budget. To answer your question, I work in the medical field.

Finally, nail on the head.
Half of these "pros" that install equipment have never even HEARD of Sundown, DC, DD, Fi, etc. How can you call yourself a pro at something and not even know what the best equipment is? You would be AMAZED by some of the stupid stuff I've heard from these so called "pros". I would trust half of the members on here before I would trust these so called "pros". Bottom line is they charge a crazy hourly rate and really don't know jack about what they are "pros" in.

$65 an hour is a very reasonable rate. If you read my OP, the original place I had gotten wanted $1075 to install a Remote Start w/ 2 way alarm, Double Din Deck, Components, Coaxials, a 5chan amp, and a single sub that I have already mounted. That is not reasonable. I would say it is about a 5hr job. They are basically looking for $200 an hour!

$65 an hour is a very reasonable rate. If you read my OP, the original place I had gotten wanted $1075 to install a Remote Start w/ 2 way alarm, Double Din Deck, Components, Coaxials, a 5chan amp, and a single sub that I have already mounted. That is not reasonable. I would say it is about a 5hr job. They are basically looking for $200 an hour!
I know mechanics that charge 65 dollars an hour in my town and guess what? THEY GET NO BUSINESS. There is another shop 5 miles down the road and they charge 30 bucks an hour and offer much better quality. They have a great reputation and I ALWAYS see them working on something when I drive by there on the way to work. Keep up with the times or fail.

Half of these "pros" that install equipment have never even HEARD of Sundown, DC, DD, Fi, etc. How can you call yourself a pro at something and not even know what the best equipment is? You would be AMAZED by some of the stupid stuff I've heard from these so called "pros". I would trust half of the members on here before I would trust these so called "pros". Bottom line is they charge a crazy hourly rate and really don't know jack about what they are "pros" in.
Those are not mainstream companies. Unless you troll forums you will never hear of them. I don't believe any of them sell retail other than sundown.

Trust your equipment with a reputable guy on here before you drop 65 bucks an hour at some ******** shop. Guys on here would GLADLY help you out for 20-30 bucks an hour and you would get much better service.

Those are not mainstream companies. Unless you troll forums you will never hear of them. I don't believe any of them sell retail other than sundown.
Never hear of them? I heard about Sundown when I went to my first SPL comp. I'm sorry but I will never call some local idiot that claims JL Audio is the best **** ever a "pro".

Never hear of them? I heard about Sundown when I went to my first SPL comp. I'm sorry but I will never call some local idiot that claims JL Audio is the best **** ever a "pro".
lmao...you just don't read the whole post do you? I said other than Sundown. And why do people knock JL so much. They still sell solid equipment. Overpriced yes, but solid.

lmao...you just don't read the whole post do you? I said other than Sundown. And why do people knock JL so much. They still sell solid equipment. Overpriced yes, but solid.
JL hasn't made anything new in years. The JL 7 is solid? I know of subs that WALK all over it. It might have been solid in 2001 lol.

JL hasn't made anything new in years. The JL 7 is solid? I know of subs that WALK all over it. It might have been solid in 2001 lol.
I wish I could go look at all 600+ of your posts. I'm pretty sure each and every one of them would be bashing or argumentative in some way.

Those brands aren't the best dude............

You can get a guy on here to do a much better quality job for 1/4 of the price.
Correct, however a shop works completely different. Your buddy doesn't have to pay for rent, insurance, employee wages, inventory costs....so of course your B&M shop will have more overhead and therefore a higher price. They also have a reputation to uphold and if something is messed up, you know exactly where to go to talk to them, finding some random person that knows (or may not know) how to install will be more difficult to hold accountable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.