Why do B&M car audio joints get so touchy if you don't buy from them?!?!

I would install myself if it wasn't for the double din deck. that gmos-lan-01 harness is a b****. While I have the car in there for that I might as well have them install it all.

This is all i do to stay entertained , i take care of my kids during the day and troll this hellhole at night. Every since i downgraded the internet i don't even download movies anymore. I just stay on here.

the install price he quoted isn't outrageous, but it is kinda high. I don't think he quoted you high because he is upset with you, i think he quoted you high because he may not be as familiar with the equipment as what he carries. That means it may take more time to install properly. This matters because he can only now warranty his labor, not parts and labor. So he has to make sure the job is done right, can't afford to damage your equipment. You'd be pissed if something went terribly wrong.

in addition to this, you have to understand what you are saying to him. Money talks and you are communicating you don't trust his judgement in equipment to use whether you can afford what he wants for you or not. I don't blame you or him, its just business. the retail car audio market is getting raped right now because of greedy distributors selling direct over the internet instead of like back in the days when you could only get stuff from dealers.

I would install myself if it wasn't for the double din deck. that gmos-lan-01 harness is a b****. While I have the car in there for that I might as well have them install it all.
That harness isn't bad its pretty much plug and play...nothing too it...most double DINS are easier to install than single DINs.....you;ll need a GM mini to standard antenna adapter also....

the install price he quoted isn't outrageous, but it is kinda high. I don't think he quoted you high because he is upset with you, i think he quoted you high because he may not be as familiar with the equipment as what he carries. That means it may take more time to install properly. This matters because he can only now warranty his labor, not parts and labor. So he has to make sure the job is done right, can't afford to damage your equipment. You'd be pissed if something went terribly wrong.
in addition to this, you have to understand what you are saying to him. Money talks and you are communicating you don't trust his judgement in equipment to use whether you can afford what he wants for you or not. I don't blame you or him, its just business. the retail car audio market is getting raped right now because of greedy distributors selling direct over the internet instead of like back in the days when you could only get stuff from dealers.
I would understand if the equip was unfamiliar to him. He is an authorized boston acoustics and pioneer dealer. He is basically charging me $200+ per component (Deck, components, coaxials, amp, and alarm.) The is pretty outrageous.

That harness isn't bad its pretty much plug and play...nothing too it...most double DINS are easier to install than single DINs.....you;ll need a GM mini to standard antenna adapter also....
yea...I have that adapter also. all those wire just make it look intimidating. I am a business owner myself. The other problem I have with the install is the time it will take me. Probabaly about 5 or 6 hours. I would rather spend that time with my family.

I would understand if the equip was unfamiliar to him. He is an authorized boston acoustics and pioneer dealer. He is basically charging me $200+ per component (Deck, components, coaxials, amp, and alarm.) The is pretty outrageous.
for $200 a component I would research how to do it myself. That is just stupid to throw away money like that.

good thing about america is you can take your money elsewhere. See if he'll work with you on the price though. You may have caught him at at bad time. if he won't go lower, i'm sure there's a forum member that'll install it for ya if you throw them some cash

good thing about america is you can take your money elsewhere. See if he'll work with you on the price though. You may have caught him at at bad time. if he won't go lower, i'm sure there's a forum member that'll install it for ya if you throw them some cash
this, way cheaper in the long run and you might actually be able to learn a thing or two and help out.

for $200 a component I would research how to do it myself. That is just stupid to throw away money like that.
yea...Best Buy will do it all for $380. Installer there seems legit. I went to 3 different best buys and talked to their installers. 2 of them were morons.

yea...Best Buy will do it all for $380. Installer there seems legit. I went to 3 different best buys and talked to their installers. 2 of them were morons.
Really that doesnt sound bad for a best buy quote. I only had them install a headunit of mine b/c the install was free for buying it from them. But I said no thanks when they wanted to charge me $500+ to run my wires and hook up my amp and subs. I went home and spent an hour doing it myself and had that self gratification.

for sure. If there is someone in my area (MA,NH border) I would def pay for some help.

this happens in any field of buisness. the shop isn't makeing anything on the equiptment you're getting so why should they give you a deal on install? doesn't matter wether it's car audio or you need an addition to your house. do you call BB to install a home system that you got from amazon? "yeah i got the lumber from lowes but can you build me a garage?"

one of the shops in my area would halfass the install..... wires not screwed down, subs not screwed in.. even seen one box where there was NO SCREWS for the sub!! there were just sitn there! LOL shiit would be wired wrong in the dash and subs if dual coils, would only have 1 coil hooked up or 1 in series the other in parallel!!

i mean some REALLY BAD BAD STUFF!!! not sure if its gotn better or what but i still wouldnt let my car get wired or touched!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.