Why do B&M car audio joints get so touchy if you don't buy from them?!?!

i've seen some junk installs ^^^^ lol^^^

T hey talk and take the money . Im trying to start a shop to kill the bad i've seen. I rather give the customer satisfaction as long as i dont take a loss. Usually much cheaper unless you get free install(hope it isn't junk.

yea...I have that adapter also. all those wire just make it look intimidating. I am a business owner myself. The other problem I have with the install is the time it will take me. Probabaly about 5 or 6 hours. I would rather spend that time with my family.
you must really like your family. Id rather kick mine in the throat.

That install price is high, but the Best Buy route is almost never the right route to take. Chain stores hurt all the small businesses by undercutting costs and making it so the low volume dealers can't compete. You *might* get a decent install at Best Buy, by the one you trust. Visiting 3 Best Buys and finding only 1 guy you feel confident in should tell you something. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I've been around the car audio world a long time and I've seen a lot of chain stores either stop selling car audio, or no longer doing installs. Usually after being threatened by customers after a shoddy install. Car Toys is very popular around here, but they will do a better job than most other 'chains'. I would check with some other mom and pop shops if this guy isn't willing to work on the price. I own a computer repair business and out of the 4-5 shops in my area, my shop rate is higher, but I generally charge LESS because my work is quicker. Don't be afraid of shop rate prices as much as total estimated cost. The lower rate isn't always cheaper in the long run.

he's saying that his local installer is trying to charge him a fortune to install his equipment, because he didn't buy the equipment from the guys shop. his other option is Best Buy but he doesn't really wanna take that route

Thats why u never go to local shops. They are mostly morons. The one here is called boom audio. Ran by a hispanic guy. The manager (black dude) knew his ish, but he quit and went to work somewhere else makin more $$$$. I think the shop is doomed eventually. Just find someone on here near u and pay them.

or try to find another shop, I talked to my installer for like 20+ minutes the first few times I went into his shop to see wtf his head was like, saw a photo book of 100+ of his installs and he wasn't talkin' stupid ****, other then how he thinks dynomat works -.-' but jus look around some more, if no luck then yah try someone from here

this is why i learned how to do it myself when you buy from a local shop they rape you on the price if you bring your own stuff in they rape you on the install

Part of the problem is there is not enough customers to go around in some areas. Some areas are really hit bad by the economy, so the B&M's are struggling to stay in business. They need to make a profit, but sometimes you need to make more profit to pay rent, electricity, etc.

The only way the B&M stores make their money is after all the bills are paid. Otherwise, you're just paying the rent and not able to make a living. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif As the economy gets worse, I find more and more people trying to get "online prices" on goods that sell for close or less than dealer cost.

There is definitely greed in the B&M business, but that's why it pays to shop around and find another installer, even if you have to drive 100 miles to find quality work. Some people just deserve to get passed up or are dishonest. I've seen many shops that will either sell someone something they don't need or flat out lie about something to make a sale. Their reputation will get around and eventually they will go out of business.

or try to find another shop, I talked to my installer for like 20+ minutes the first few times I went into his shop to see wtf his head was like, saw a photo book of 100+ of his installs and he wasn't talkin' stupid ****, other then how he thinks dynomat works -.-' but jus look around some more, if no luck then yah try someone from here
dynomat works .. i used it a while ago for the 1st time . it depends on how any why you're using it...

not repin dynomat just saying sound deadening has a use.

so after calling about 15 different car audio installers, I finally found someone that has reasonable pricing and wasn't a total jerk off when i called. They will do work for $65 an hour and they are authorized resellers and installers for all my components. They are only 45miles away from home, not bad!

You don't take your bacon and eggs to the local restaurant and ask them to cook them for you at a discount, do you? shops have to make money. All the shops I know of have a higher rate for products not purchased from them.

You can expect to pay a little more when you bring your equipment. We discount our labor when we package it all together.

At my shop we are just as happy to install what you brought as to sell you. We do require that you have a good wire kit, don't bring a 4ga kit with 10ga wire in it.

to the OP what business do you have? Local to this guy? He come to your store?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.