Why are "Cold air intakes" so god **** expensive?

when you ported your throttle body, did you use a bigger throttle plate?
No, i smoothed the interior ridges and on the rear of the LS6tb its reduced for an odd reason. I have a DBW tb on my vehicle so messing with the blade even a simple butterfly grind on it is more often then not found to cause idle issues. If i had a cable drive system i would of gone more port with a new blade and more mods on it. In this car it was a mild port job though but worth it.

check andymotorsports.com

$307 for an AEM cold air intake for my car?? Are you shitting me?? Not like I drive a Mustang Cobra or Corvette, I drive a 4-banger Accord, I doubt it would make THAT much of a difference anyway.
It will be a cold day in hell before I spend more than $100 on a piece of pipe and an air filter.

At $307 it better come with a blowjob and a reach around.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

get some of this stuff, its nice. just get a filter for it4" and flexible

Link
you do not want to use that after the filter. i have one of thoes coming out in the center of the filter in this short ram. its to help get cooler air to a short ram setup.

the plastic is very, very thin and tears very easily.

PICT0004.jpg

this is the only pic but you can see the adapter plugged into the center of the filter, didnt really seem to do much though imo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.