Air space

Participant count
  • Participant list
I thought you were going to fire them out the back, towards the rear of the car?
Your right I am. But still won't be able to bc the depth of the box I have now is 21 inches and there's maybe another inch or 2 left. The current dimensions of the box I have now is. 32" width 24" depth 14" height. So I might be able to fit the 4.5 foot box I need to get the width from 40" to 34" so raise the height to 18" and make depth 22" actually I can make that work

1712018940169.png

Sounds about right, providing the VB is 4 cubes for both. Need to wait until that is confirmed, but sound about right but could still be problematic given the size of the port displacement. Will need to get those figures from Sundown to be sure.

Last edited:
Sounds about right, providing the VB is 4 cubes for both. Need to wait until that is confirmed, but sound about right but could still be problematic given the size of the port displacement. Will need to get those figures from Sundown to be sure.
Here's some reference pics

Attachments

• Snapchat-2010354027.jpg
    Snapchat-2010354027.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • Snapchat-663260293.jpg
    Snapchat-663260293.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • Snapchat-20401611.jpg
    Snapchat-20401611.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
So what would you recommend if net and if gross?
That's easy enough to figure once we have what we need. Preliminary hunch is something around 34x16x22 which will give you a gross volume of 5.6 or about .2 cubic ft leftover for additional 2x2 braces around the drivers from front to back a d a couple top to bottom.

Can't really know until Sundown tells us what the Vb of the box needs to be. I'm guessing it is 2 per sub as companies usually publish what the driver needs after other items in the box that reduce displacement are determined. They can only account for the driver, not the port, how many ports or the type of port you will be building.

Can't really know until Sundown tells us what the Vb of the box needs to be. I'm guessing it is 2 per sub as companies usually publish what the driver needs after other items in the box that reduce displacement are determined. They can only account for the driver, not the port, how many ports or the type of port you will be building.
What ever is included with the box glue and screw it? I'm new to all these

Ha, I forget and always use Kreg Maxi-Loc Head screws for my sub box builds. I countersink them with a kreg jig and all that stuff. Here are the screws that I use, exclusively, countersunk (predrilling all the holes) with the appropriate bit unless you have a nice hi powered pneumatic brad gun! I also use pipe clamps.

Or at least this guy

Those are not the best clamps but they do the trick!

TiteBond or Gorilla wood glue.

Last edited:
Ha, I forget and always use Kreg Maxi-Loc Head screws for my builds. I countersink them with a kreg jig and all that stuff. Here are the screws that I use, exclusively with an 1/" countersink (predrilling all the holes) with the appropriate bit unless you have a nice hi powered pneumatic brad gun! I also use pipe clamps.

Or at least this guy

Those are not the best clamps but they do the trick!
Thank I'll dm you tomorrow once I hear back

[ATTACH type="full" alt="Mr FaceCaser"]57872[/ATTACH]

Mr FaceCaser

CarAudio.com Recruit​

9827Charlotte
What funds are you willing to spend? What subs? Make and model? What space are you willing to give up LxWxH? Trunk cabin or ? Do you want to see the baskets or do your even care? Either should serve well, as long as it meets specs, and your criteria. I care more about performance than looks myself.
So the elite box is to much but the standard box will do my subs I'm using are Sundown UV2 12" the Max space of the trunk would 34" W x 18" H x 22" L

To Clarify a little further.. I did recommend a GP Audio Glue and Screw enclosure on theyre site for the OP with the dimensions given of the space provided without having to make a spend funds on a Customized enclosure, that would work in a sub rear /port rear setting as the information provided and dimensions given. This is the enclosure I came up with and recommended without customizing or making and what GP has Available that would fit and work for the information given.

gpcaraudio.com

12" Dual Compact Glue it & Screw It Sub Enclosure

GP Car Audio is a manufacturer of many USA Made ðºð¸ car audio products. We are also a distributor for several top Audio brands including Sundown Audio, XS Power, and Deaf Bonce.
gpcaraudio.com
gpcaraudio.com

Specs on that enclosure I recommend that will fit juyst fine

31hz

Box External Dimensions
Width x Height x Depth
32.00" x 14.00" x 20.46"
Material Thickness0.73"
Net Internal Volume3.25 ft3
Tuning Frequency31 Hz
Port Area35.75 inch2
Port Inlet