Why are "Cold air intakes" so god **** expensive?

got to be careful if you ever have to drive in deep water but here are some pics of a few i have done.

bronco with a 351w and a holley 750

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

99 chevy blazer 4.3

PICT0011.jpg

and a 93 olds with a 3.1 (short ram style) i used the bottom of the factory air box to make a splash shield with.

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

i have considered building one for my car, but that is just so i can make some room to add a second battery under the hood //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i could care less about any performance or anything else i could potentially benefit from it.

i have considered building one for my car, but that is just so i can make some room to add a second battery under the hood //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i could care less about any performance or anything else i could potentially benefit from it.
theres not enough performance to make a difference.. that batt would weigh it out..

imo they are hit and miss with any actual gains.

i had a 97 s-10 and installed a k&n fip kit and ran a cat-less full exhaust with a headder(2.2L). i did both of thoes at the same time and it seemed to help some but when i went from a belt driven cooling fan to the electric kit, that made 3 times the diffrence in felt preformance over the cia and exhaust.

the short ram intake i installed on the olds in the pic above, now that made a very noticeable diffrence in power and economy. i was very suprised by that one.

imo they are hit and miss with any actual gains.i had a 97 s-10 and installed a k&n fip kit and ran a cat-less full exhaust with a headder(2.2L). i did both of thoes at the same time and it seemed to help some but when i went from a belt driven cooling fan to the electric kit, that made 3 times the diffrence in felt preformance over the cia and exhaust.

the short ram intake i installed on the olds in the pic above, now that made a very noticeable diffrence in power and economy. i was very suprised by that one.
you had the cia in your car? you have drugs or something? WMD?

you had the cia in your car? you have drugs or something? WMD?
damit man, like i said your ona roll.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

got me, iam a few beers in to it with a side of jim beam black ftw.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.