Who should I contact for cheapest ported sub box?

Rkrajnov
10+ year member

Indiana
I want a ported sub box for my 12" sub Fi Q. I have it in sealed right now but I heard it can get up to 2x as loud from a ported enclosure and well the sealed sounds great, I sometimes crave more bass. Right now I don't have the tools to build a box (i'm at college) and I don't want to mess up the ported enclosure anyways since it's a bit more tricky than a sealed one. So I'm sure you guys must know people that will do it for pretty cheap. Any recc's on who to contact and maybe approximate prices for said person as well?

Wow i read that wrong. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif thought you needed just a design.

I dont think its the price of the box itself that will be the problem, its more the shipping that's going to hurt you. Probably best to find a builder as close to you as possible to get the lowest price on shipping.

Also try to get a birch box done so shipping doesn't murder you. I will recommend Dbeez on here if he is available. He makes birch boxes for a good price and lives in Kentucky so shipping wouldn't kill you. I have gotten 2 boxes made from him and not been disappointed.

Also try to get a birch box done so shipping doesn't murder you. I will recommend Dbeez on here if he is available. He makes birch boxes for a good price and lives in Kentucky so shipping wouldn't kill you. I have gotten 2 boxes made from him and not been disappointed.

Shipping is not based on weight. It is based on the size of the item as almost all enclosure are "over sized".

However, another option is always a DIY kit.

Shipping is not based on weight. It is based on the size of the item as almost all enclosure are "over sized".
However, another option is always a DIY kit.
Never knew that well birch is still nice to have if you are trying to keep the weight down on the setup.

How much would shipping on a ported box for a 12" cost approximately (based on an average size box)? I live in Indiana btw if that's relevant.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.