Who knows most about Home Audio?

I do home audio (both 2 channel and HT) as a daily gig... usually, higher-end stuff than this (Marantz, NAD, PS Audio, Martin-Logan, etc). But, that said, of those 4 options, the Onkyo would be the best performer, IME. If you decide you don't like the speakers later (which many people find to be the weak link of all these "all in one" systems), at least you'll have a good amp/receiver to work with.

I'd be inclined to stay away from the LG system. You know that LG is actually just GoldStar, under a new name, right? They make OK cell phones and kitchen appliances... but I've never been impressed with their audio electronics...

Regards,

Gordon.

I do home audio (both 2 channel and HT) as a daily gig... usually, higher-end stuff than this (Marantz, NAD, PS Audio, Martin-Logan, etc). But, that said, of those 4 options, the Onkyo would be the best performer, IME. If you decide you don't like the speakers later (which many people find to be the weak link of all these "all in one" systems), at least you'll have a good amp/receiver to work with.
I'd be inclined to stay away from the LG system. You know that LG is actually just GoldStar, under a new name, right? They make OK cell phones and kitchen appliances... but I've never been impressed with their audio electronics...

Regards,

Gordon.

thanks for your reply.

I know the most //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Jimj and B&W are just wann-be's.

tell me what you know, care to come by my house and do some installs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That Onkyo system sounds like crap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif The receiver is nice but those speakers might as well be made out of cardboard.

You could do better with your budget.

$500 to $2500 is quite a range for a budget //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

For two grand, no real reason to buy an all-in-one package. Are you looking for a setup for music (2-channel), or movies - or both?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.