Who knows most about Home Audio?

Oh, and BTW: IMHO, Sams Club (ie, WalMart) are the spawn of Satan. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

It's not that they sell Chinese-made products... there's some GOOD Chinese-built stuff out there. It's that they choose to sell BADLY MADE Chinese gear, just because it's cheaper than everything else. And, because, for SO MANY years, they made such a BIG DEAL of "Made in the USA"... look how that all went to h-e-double-hockey-sticks soon as Sam Walton died...

Regards,

Gordon.

That Onkyo system sounds like crap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif The receiver is nice but those speakers might as well be made out of cardboard.
You could do better with your budget.

Like... i Live in arizona too.... what can i find out here? or buy?

$500 to $2500 is quite a range for a budget //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
For two grand, no real reason to buy an all-in-one package. Are you looking for a setup for music (2-channel), or movies - or both?
depends whats best. Can I do both or one or the other? What do you recommend?

depends can I do both or one or the other?
Sure, you can do both - just increases the cost to go to a multichannel setup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Some names to look into, possibly...

Receivers/Int. Amps - Rotel, NAD, Outlaw Audio, Denon, Marantz

Speakers - Axiom, Ascend Acoustics, Paradigm, Energy, Klipsch Heritage series, B&W

If you can do $2500... you can get some KILLER gear.

Try this:

Marantz SR4600 receiver ($429) and DV4600 DVD player ($299) powering Boston Acoustics VR1 front speakers ($600/pr, approximately), VRC center channel ($399) CR57 rear speakers ($175/pr) and PV700 subwoofer ($499). Comes up to right at $2400, for the equipment, and will absolutely TOAST 99% of ALL home theater systems out there, no matter how much they paid. I speak from experience... I OWN the Marantz SR4600 receiver, and we sell both Marantz and Boston here at work. The system will do VERY WELL on 2-channel music, as well as HT... the Boston speakers are incredibly impressive, as plain hi-fi 2-channel speakers!

If you need smaller speakers, the Boston Micro series (say, Micro 130s in front, Micro 120s in rear, Micro Center and PV700 subwoofer) will still kick butt. Not the sheer WHOMP of the floor-standing VR main speakers... but still quite impressive, and under the $2500 limit, no problem...

Regards.

Gordon.

And visit Ultimate electronics and/or Jerry's Audio Video...... you need to experience what good audio can sound like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And visit Ultimate electronics and/or Jerry's Audio Video...... you need to experience what good audio can sound like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

will look at them this weekend so I can get a feel for home audio.

Another try, in the $1500 budget:

Boston CR77 front speakers ($350/pr), CRC7 center channel ($225), CR57 rears ($175/pr), PV500 sub ($350). Use any good cheap HT receiver (Onkyo, Pioneer, etc) and good cheap DVD player (Panasonic, Toshiba, etc). The speakers are $1100... you should easily be able to find a $250 or less receiver (the $199 Onkyo from Frys or the $199 Pioneer from Best Buy are both decent, believe it or not) and a $150 or less DVD player (the Panasonic 5 disk carousel is good, IME)... that puts you in the budget.

I've done a very similar system to this, only using the Marantz receiver and CR67 speakers in left center and right (they had to be smaller, it was in a small condo) and it kicked butt. Used the Panasonic carousel 5-disk DVD... worked great. I've also used many of the cheap Onkyo and Pioneer HT receivers... of the cheap stuff, it was what I thought worked best...

EDIT: Oops, no DVD needed... you could ALMOST afford the Marantz SR4600 receiver. It'd put you at like $29 over budget. I GUARANTEE that would be some serious jams...

Regards,

Gordon.

Another try, in the $1500 budget:
Boston CR77 front speakers ($350/pr), CRC7 center channel ($225), CR57 rears ($175/pr), PV500 sub ($350). Use any good cheap HT receiver (Onkyo, Pioneer, etc) and good cheap DVD player (Panasonic, Toshiba, etc). The speakers are $1100... you should easily be able to find a $250 or less receiver (the $199 Onkyo from Frys or the $199 Pioneer from Best Buy are both decent, believe it or not) and a $150 or less DVD player (the Panasonic 5 disk carousel is good, IME)... that puts you in the budget.

I've done a very similar system to this, only using the Marantz receiver and CR67 speakers in left center and right (they had to be smaller, it was in a small condo) and it kicked butt. Used the Panasonic carousel 5-disk DVD... worked great. I've also used many of the cheap Onkyo and Pioneer HT receivers... of the cheap stuff, it was what I thought worked best...

Regards,

Gordon.
thanks =D would these be online purchases? or locally?

I'm personally with the buy peice by peice. But what do I know I only have a 8 speaker system with a sub. Just to tell you the older 70's and 80's stuff sounds better. They didn't use cheap ass wood to make a profit.

I have a harmon kardon receiver in my kitchen and that thing kiss ass. Definatly check into them if you have that kind of budget.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.