Who has the best amp????

looking at a 1ohm load or 0.5ohm load is going to be as a daily driver.
Why the heck would anyone want to run at those low impedances for a daily driver? That doesn't make any sense as you'll really be straining your electrical system for an increase in output you'll need test equipment to verify. Not worth it.

Lower impedances are not better, I'd argue all day long that they're actually worse as amps are less efficient, more noisy, and less reliable the more you load them down. It's why you see plenty of high voltage amps still performing 100% after 20 years and why you see plenty of posts here asking if they 'done blow'd up' their mono amp after running 1ohm.

Get that ohm stuff out of your head.

I'm REALLY picky when it comes to amps. All amps are dirty, it's really the nature of the beast but they key is really finding a 'good dirty' instead of a 'bad dirty'. Good dirty sounds pleasing to the ear; think tube amps. And the better an amplifier copes with clipping usually correlates with how expensive it is. Likewise, cheap amps will sound like hell when they start to distort. A good amp? You need an o-scope to really tell and you'll find yourself leaving in a little 'dirt' b/c it'll sound better to your ear.

Of the modern amps that don't cost a fortune, Boston Acoustics really makes an under rated product that sounds gorgeous. Their speakers/subs may be a love:hate relationship but few, if any, will say that their amps sound bad. I'm also a fan of Arc's products and those Class G/H mini things they have going on really interest me...but not enough to junk my old Xtant or ADS amps.

I prefer boss amps myself. Its the only brand that can make 4000 watts and not strain my stock electrical.
Go to Walmart, pick up a dual amp. Those things are the cleanest amps I have ever heard.
Not cleaner then my Rampage I got from Autozone
Apparently you haven't heard the Pyramid amps, 5000watts under $100 = the BEST //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Psh you think that's ****** you should see my next system. Sony xplod amp, 1200 watt max and I'm gonna run 10 of them! All fiberglassed with boss subs!
meh at best
i got one better

20295447-260x260-0-0_Legacy+Car+Audio+American+Legacy+II+LA1990.jpg
Troll elsewhere fellas... lol

Why the heck would anyone want to run at those low impedances for a daily driver? That doesn't make any sense as you'll really be straining your electrical system for an increase in output you'll need test equipment to verify. Not worth it.
Lower impedances are not better, I'd argue all day long that they're actually worse as amps are less efficient, more noisy, and less reliable the more you load them down. It's why you see plenty of high voltage amps still performing 100% after 20 years and why you see plenty of posts here asking if they 'done blow'd up' their mono amp after running 1ohm.

I'm REALLY picky when it comes to amps. All amps are dirty, it's really the nature of the beast but they key is really finding a 'good dirty' instead of a 'bad dirty'. Good dirty sounds pleasing to the ear; think tube amps. And the better an amplifier copes with clipping usually correlates with how expensive it is. Likewise, cheap amps will sound like hell when they start to distort. A good amp? You need an o-scope to really tell and you'll find yourself leaving in a little 'dirt' b/c it'll sound better to your ear.

Of the modern amps that don't cost a fortune, Boston Acoustics really makes an under rated product that sounds gorgeous. Their speakers/subs may be a love:hate relationship but few, if any, will say that their amps sound bad. I'm also a fan of Arc's products and those Class G/H mini things they have going on really interest me...but not enough to junk my old Xtant or ADS amps.
theres no problem with running 1 ohm, most amps are built to do so. buying high power amps at higher ohm loads just gets too expensive for most people, esp. with OP's budget. And as far as the noise factor, unless youre competing in SQ comps, theres no reason, bc no one can really tell the difference between .01% and .1% THD from 25-100hz, if you disagree, youre lying. and blowing up the subs and amps wont happen if you match your equipment properly, set your gains right, and have a good electrical to push the amp.

OP, Id check out audioque amps, theyre very solid, they do rated power, they look nice and clean, all for a reasonable price. with better quality than audio pipe and maxxonics stuff

these are the specs of the MA Audio's

MA Audio MA15D4 Subwoofer Size 15"

Nominal Power Handling 400 watt RMS

Impedance 4 ohm (Duel Coil)

Peak Power Handling 800 watt Peak

i had all four of them wired to 0.5 load and then they blew smh after that i went and bought some Alphasonik 900 series Mayhem b4 they got cost 400 a sub smh i had 2 of those 2500 rms subs wit my hifonics 2608 2600 watt peak hifonics amp + 5000 rms watt subs= blown subs in 3months

but still those are the hardest hitting subs i ever owned or experienced so far

take your 1500 and go get a english tudor and learn how to spell first.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

ok first ,you probably aren't getting as much out of your hifonics amp as you may think. these amps are very dirty power wise.in other words not very efficient .you would probably get more out of a dc 2.0 or saz 2000 than out of you existing amp.with 600 cash you can get one of either.i do have a dc 2.0 bnib for 575 shipped with warranty.the sundowns new are just a bit more i think .

1500 is a very small budget to work with.

I would look at a AQ2200 for power and then look into getting the electrical to back it up. That will take the majority of the budget already. If you want to go bigger then get the AQ3500. Cadence also has some very good amps for decent prices that will work.

Not matter which direction you go, after picking up a good amp you will need to get everything else. You will need wire, alt, batteries, bus bars....the list goes on.

Then you get to the sub stage and realize you already blew your 1500 budget.

So in short, pick out what works in your budget. Not what others suggest. Do not skimp on your electrical or you will pay the price in repair/replace bills later on.

since when is 1ohm low? I've done .33 before

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.