Help tuning my amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

silveradokid
10+ year member

The Hope that lies WITHIN
So on my amp it has an input gain setting, a switch that has two settings .1V-1.0V and 1.0V-8.0V, I figured out my head unit puts out 2-3V, but when I switched it from .1V-1.0V it was not nearly as loud, I'm wondering if it would be bad to run it on the .1V-1.0V instead of the 1.0V-8.0V? The only difference I noticed is that my subs were a lot quieter and they sounded better, just not as loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Did you say you dropped it off at the autoshop? Well that's the problem. Not all all mechanics are made alike. Even if they are ASE certified...
Turn the subwoofer output to max. Turn the gain down on the amp to where you're comfortable the the amp isn't clipping. Play a 0db sine wave at...
I may have missed it, but do you have sound deadener on the doors? If not that could be why you're lacking midbass.
Do you intend to drive around playing test tones? If your intention is to play music, you should be using music you intend to play to dial in...

About this thread

silveradokid

10+ year member
The Hope that lies WITHIN
silveradokid
Orange County
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date