Whinig noise in left tweeter only...

purerx7tt
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
naples
Just finished putting in my rainbow comps, hooked up to a dennon amp and an alpine cda-9853. Everything is perfect, except my left front tweeter is whinning really bad, as I accelerate in the car it increaes. This does not happen on the passenger side at all, so I do not think its a ground, as I tried re-grounding it and that did nothing. My rca cables are ran down the opposite of the car from the power cables. What could be the problem. is my wiring to the tweeter maybe touching metal? If the car is in park than their is no noise at all, but once engaged it will start whinning. Please let me know asap.

Update: If I put the amps crossover setting to low pass, the noise completly goes away but than you can barely hear any music and sounds like crap? So than do I need a new amp or what?

Is the tweeter near your instrument panel? If it is, try moving it up and away to test if it goes away. I get some mad interference from my gauges and everything, the solution was to shield the bottom of the tweeter.

I posted on a similar subject, but mine is on the right side....still trying to figure it out.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wallbash.gif.1310150c49dd52e0fbe1813a0681e5c3.gif

yes it is near a fuse box, but if I move it it is still their, same thing with the instrument panel. Seems very weird, still sounds really good with the whine though. Does not make any sense at all.

my dad had the same prob. with his rainbows. same side too. we tried a bunch of things, he first tried a ground loop isolater, that didnt do much, then he replaced the RCAs and problem solved. i cant really explain what was happening, but maybe the RCA jacking got cut or something and was grounding out. same thing as you, it was fine on LPF tho. Try swappin your RCAs

swap rca's, left to right. if the noise changes sides then its your signal side.

Fords have this problem alot, because of all the equipment on the driver side kick.

Move your crossover to the seat , yes that far away..... and see if you still have noise.

do the rca's first. the reason you are fine on low-pass, is those freq. that you are hearing as a whine will be "cut-out" by the lpf. Very common.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.