Which Sub Should I Get?

Why would drop top dollar and subs and amp only to choke it in a sealed box? Doesn't make sense to me.
I went with the sealed application due to size constraints, that being said, the hst12 has amazing output in such a small enclosure, a 15 inch cube, does VERY well on my 20.1 at 1 ohm.

I have had great results with the alphard db3s. They move a **** ton of air. But regardless I can tell you whatever you want to know about them. And my 12s will be up for sale soon for 400 plus shipping. So 500-600 for the pair shipped.

I have had great results with the alphard db3s. They move a **** ton of air. But regardless I can tell you whatever you want to know about them. And my 12s will be up for sale soon for 400 plus shipping. So 500-600 for the pair shipped.
That's a rather good deal for a pair of em. If I wasn't set on a 15 I'd be interested

I loved my alphards. Hairtricks and 150 on music from the trunk. Only complaint is the beauty ring around the mounting holes cracked but supposedly they improved them. Didn’t affect performance what so ever. And the alohards are **** af in person.

The ported version needs the 2.5cuft dude, according to his Facebook page he can build the hst15 for a ported or sealed application.
Were we talking about the ported version I thought it was said they only need a simple sealed box of those cubes and it was based off correspondence with Nick himself.

Why would drop top dollar and subs and amp only to choke it in a sealed box? Doesn't make sense to me.
Different people dig different sounds and have size restrictions to work with especially if you like tight controlled bass down low with a more SWz than SPL I’ve run both and I decide ported vs. steals depending on what I want out of the build. Not mention I’m now going to get an 18” because of the banging Black Friday sale and will run sealed for space and weight concerns not mention my XTR only has no sub sonic or 25hz and that would be a travesty with that monster with its 15hz FS.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.