Which setting on volt meter?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tek18
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
KY
Here is my volt meter i am borrowing from a friend as i cannot find mine >.>

i used the 200 for ohms and it read out .8-1.1 on my speaker terminal so i think thats for my speaker but i don't want to blow out anything...

which one should i use for:

A. Testing the battery voltage

B. Testing the 2 wires in the back of my car voltage ( and should this be any different from battery voltage? i would guess a little.. )

C. testing my amp voltage when setting to ~31.5V on the speaker output

D. setting the subsonic etc.

DSC04045.jpg

not sure which one / on the amp which holes to use the amp power or speaker etc.

Thanks

-Tanner

For a and b set it at 20 vdc. For c and d use 200 vac but prob won't be near as accurate. When using a manual multimeter start with the largest number then switch down until a more appropriate reading is attained. If you start too low you may pop the fuse in the meter.

^

anyone comfirm this don't want to blow anything!

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

^

anyone comfirm this don't want to blow anything!

For a and b set it at 20 vdc. For c and d use 200 vac but prob won't be near as accurate. When using a manual multimeter start with the largest number then switch down until a more appropriate reading is attained. If you start too low you may pop the fuse in the meter.
yep i have a meter just like that one.

thanks, the 20vdc worked great.

200vac is what i use for setting the voltage on my amp? how do i set subsonic and such

just downloaded a 50hz tone and a 32hz tone for setting the amp, i will use the 50hz on repeat, but the 32hz with the woofer just to see what it sounds like first time on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Look under the amplifier section. There's a sticky about setting the gain or general setting. It's the one with a lot of pages. Look at page 42.

On your tone I first used a 0 db tone and it didn't work for me cause I listen to rock and country as well as rap. I use a remote level with my amp for the differences but a hu with a subwoofer level would work too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.