Which of these are good SQ subs?

google123
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
texas
Can you all tell me which of these are good SQ subs? Thanks.

sublistzs1.jpg

This is just a list of subs that have a shallow mounting depth. are any of them fairly decent sq subs is all im asking. i heard the kicker cvt shallow and i wasnt impressed so i found this list of other shallow subs. has anyone heard these and can say, yes they sound pretty good or no, stay away. thanks.

the mb quart sound very good. i have heard the pioneer, kicker, earthquake,power acoustic, rockford, &mb quart. the quart sounded best to me.

some of those subs are listed at 5 inches.. another half inch or so opens up some other possibilities... if you can spare it...

what kind of power are you working with.....how much space for box/subs.. and budget

a sub that comes to mind are the memphis mclass... they're listed at 5.5 inches at sonic electronix for the 12..

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8476_Memphis+15-MS124D.html

but too bad they are out of stock there... so if you can find it anywhere else

this sub will play decently loud.. take probaly double its rated power.. and would love small sealed box (if space is a factor)... and above all else.. cheap and sound great...

Im gonna have a pretty small box to work with and i will have to purchase an amp to drive the sub once i get it. the box im looking at is .71 cf sealed with 1.5" clearance underneath. with a spacer ring i could squeeze the mounting depth to 5 inches, maybe. also im interested in sq and dont care at all about it being loud. with that in mind of these or others, what would you recommend that will work with that airspace, single 10" and an amp to go with it. this will be running off a pioneer 7800 btw. thanks. budget for sub and amp will be $350 tops. thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.