Which of the beast 600rms subs?

If you don't have facts it would be a good idea to stay silent -- you are fully entitled to your own opinion, of course, but if you share it in public then expect to be disagreed with by those with facts. Fact is... Sundown Audio hasn't been growing significantly every year since we started because we make junk products. We spend almost zero dollars on advertising so guess what keeps the growth moving along ? Word of mouth from satisfied customers.
If you don't like the product that is more than fine with me, though, plenty of good choices out there on the market. But I'd suggest not making erroneous and ill informed statements such as that "all" of our amps break.

PS: "S" shaped surround has been done. A.D.I. has a technology called RevSurround that also flattens the compliance curve.
That ***** I was mulling around the idea of building a sub with an S surround guess I wouldn't be indiviual anymore.

some of the worst amplifiers I've seen. They all break, .
I don't normally chime in on these types of "expressions of opinions" but I have to STRONGLY disagree with you here.....In the 3 nearly 4 years that I've been a Sundown dealer and installing their amps, I've only had two come back and NEITHER was due to equipment failing on it's own, both was USER error and Jacob still warrantied and replaced them both!!!!!! What other manufacture will do that?????

Alright I'll take back my amp statement, because I really don't have any facts...thing is I see broken ones for sale a lot.
That's because people actually see the value in getting the ones that have been abused repaired, whereas most other "mainstream" brands simply get tossed in the trash and another brand is at that point purchased.....just my view based on well over 20+ years in the business.....

The mechanical limits of a subwoofer are more so determined by the basket,magnet,and surround of the sub. Hence why I say they are all the same. I've seen an SA-12 in free air bottem out at 50watts (not to say it won't handle more in an enclosure). I'm actually curious about the soft parts that are so different. Do you happen to have information back to what companies manufactured them and who their suppliers are? because I have a hunch that like many other subs, they are all done by the same suppliers from china. So I'm not convinced they are greatly different subwoofers is what I'm trying to say.
No you haven't; now you are just making stuff up. How about more facts... of an SA-12 in free air with a power clamp on it:

So... just stop with the fabrication.

I'm guessing you aren't a loudspeaker engineer based on your comments so far... the motors on the SA series, SKAR series, and Obsidian series are extremely different resulting in totally different real world performance. Not to mention going over to the coils and so forth... even much smaller changes can alter the performance of a woofer significantly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.