Which of the beast 600rms subs?

SA_Skar_OA1.jpg

Not even the same at a glance.

SA_Skar_OA1.jpg

Not even the same at a glance.
lol agreed. look dig. dif motors, im sure softparts are much dif. each driver was built with certain ideas in mind. it simply comes down to what someone posted already, loud ready to take abuse (SA), Low end beast (Skar) nice mixture (Obsidian)

It's ok I'm one of the few who wont buy into SA, I know i'll have plenty of dissagreements but some of the worst amplifiers I've seen. They all break, just go look in classifieds. Not saying they are bad subs but I just don't like seeing the same baskets and magnets getting shipped from china being used in every different brand and everyone claiming they are super different. The magnets are all too big anyway VC will bottem out before all that gets used. Theres so many that will disagree with me i'll just get flamed but anyway, just not a fan.

It's ok I'm one of the few who wont buy into SA, I know i'll have plenty of dissagreements but some of the worst amplifiers I've seen. They all break, just go look in classifieds. Not saying they are bad subs but I just don't like seeing the same baskets and magnets getting shipped from china being used in every different brand and everyone claiming they are super different. The magnets are all too big anyway VC will bottem out before all that gets used. Theres so many that will disagree with me i'll just get flamed but anyway, just not a fan.
People disagree with you for a reason, because you have no logic to your argument. So what company do you like then? Do you go waste a bunch of money and buy JL because they have different baskets? Regardless of how any of those baskets look, they are wonderful drivers. The amplifiers also are far from ****** and I've seen a 3500 run at 0.25 daily and not blow up.... hmmmmmm what brand do you use that can do that?

They are decent subs I just don't think they're worth what they cost. At least they don't have the oversized surround that some of these companies are making hurray reduced useable surface area. I'm really surprised someone hasn't tried designing an S shaped surround for maximum excursion.

It's more like I wish subs were more individual than they are. Back in the day parts weren't crappily mass manufactured in china like they are now you know? I don't know I'll shut up.

Obviously you don't know me...... I have probably dealt with more old school amps than you have seen in your entire life. I love old school amps, but I still highly respect sundown for their wonderful build quality on their amplifiers.

If you don't have facts it would be a good idea to stay silent -- you are fully entitled to your own opinion, of course, but if you share it in public then expect to be disagreed with by those with facts. Fact is... Sundown Audio hasn't been growing significantly every year since we started because we make junk products. We spend almost zero dollars on advertising so guess what keeps the growth moving along ? Word of mouth from satisfied customers.

If you don't like the product that is more than fine with me, though, plenty of good choices out there on the market. But I'd suggest not making erroneous and ill informed statements such as that "all" of our amps break.

PS: "S" shaped surround has been done. A.D.I. has a technology called RevSurround that also flattens the compliance curve.

The mechanical limits of a subwoofer are more so determined by the basket,magnet,and surround of the sub. Hence why I say they are all the same. I've seen an SA-12 in free air bottem out at 50watts (not to say it won't handle more in an enclosure). I'm actually curious about the soft parts that are so different. Do you happen to have information back to what companies manufactured them and who their suppliers are? because I have a hunch that like many other subs, they are all done by the same suppliers from china. So I'm not convinced they are greatly different subwoofers is what I'm trying to say.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.