which is a better brand of H/U?

yes u will there is a big difference. While company's like panasonic and pioneer like to spend more time on the face of the headunit. Company like alpine and esclpise worry about the gut of it. Alpine has more sound shapin features, and more musical enhancement features.:thumbsup

You know what, upon further inspection of the Pioneer DEH-P7500MP ($399.99) and the Alpine CDA-9805 ($399.00), there'es really not that big of a difference between the two. The cosmetics are the biggest difference. Which I personally like the Alpine screens better. I had the DEH-P7400MP, and I hated the way it would switch from blue to black, blue to black, blue to black.

But yeah, you more than likely won't notice anything greatly different.

I'd pick Clarion over either of them, IMHO. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Lower THD, higher S/N ratio, higher preout voltage, the Alpine stereo's excel in about every way. From what I've experienced anyway.

Alpine may have higher pre out voltages on a few Pioneers, but that certainly isn't true for most of them. As for thd and s/n, alpine's numbers may be better(I don't know, haven't compared numbers on them). However, If you like an alpine's sound better than pioneer's, I bet those numbers have nothing to do with that. FWIW, I prefer Eclipse(having owned pioneer, alpine, kenwood, clarion, and 4 eclipses).

I just went from an Alpine 9813 to a Pioneer Premier DEH-850mp and after taking the time to adjust all the settings I prefer the sound I get out of the 850. Now take into account that I have no amp on my comps because it blew, but purely running off of the HU I seem to be able to get much more midrange from the 850. After initialy installing the 850 I wanted to throw it out the window because it sounded horrible. But after really taking the time to adjust it, it now sounds better than my alpine did in my opinion.

I have had pioneers forever . Never had problem one out of any of them and always liked the way they sounded . Bought an eclipse 8051 didnt like the way it sounded . May have been my older amps were nopt capable of using the 8 volt preouts I think it was overdriving my amps hence making them clip . . My current Hu is a alpine 7894. Which I do like the sound of but it is very picky on which cds it plays without skipping . You can take a pioneer and drive over your cd use it for shoes for a week and it will still play it . Wipe your new cd off with a soft cloth and try to play it in my alpine and it will skip ( a little exagerrated) .. Dont know if I got a bad Hu or what but from my experience my next HU will be a Pioneer , I chose the alpine do to the Price/Features I love the Built in time delay/Bass focus . It is amazing what it will do !! The last Hu I had before my current one was also a Alpine and within 6 months the CD deck went bad . Other than my new one skipping with scratched cds its been a great HU . Listen to the ones youa re interested in and see which one sounds best to you . Every manufacture will have a different sound to it the one you like the best is the one you should get .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.