Pioneer DEH-P550MP vs. Alpine CDA-9807

Participant count
  • Participant list
Minor differences ...

The Pioneer has 2 pairs of 2.2v pre-outs (no sub pre-out), the Alpine has 3 pairs @ 4v.

The Pioneer can have various display colour's ... while the Alpine is white/blue.

The Pioneer has 3 EQ bands ... the Alpine has none.

The Alpine can get European tuning (radio), the Pioneer can't.

Either way you go, you'll be happy.

- Steve

My bad ... I think I was thinking of the DEH-P5500MP.

- Steve //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

if you want better sound quality, go for the alpine. It has really easy controls and the display is pretty cool. The downside is that it doesn't have a dimming function for the display.

on the other hand, the pioneer has pretty good quality as well but isn't as nice as the alpine's. the good thing about it is that you can go to etronics and purchase it for around $180 while the alpine will cost you around $220

you will notice the difference. alpines have a great balance between treble and bass, also the bass engine of the alpine is pretty good. pioneers have this high pitched tune which is great for some songs but pales in comparison to songs with more bass as against alpines

you will notice the difference. alpines have a great balance between treble and bass, also the bass engine of the alpine is pretty good. pioneers have this high pitched tune which is great for some songs but pales in comparison to songs with more bass as against alpines
Arguing about that is like arguing about how amplifier A will have better 'sound quality' than amplifier B. Same thing. Won't happen.

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

AndrewD1022

AndrewD1022
Winfield, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
ss3079