Which exhaust to choose?

i agree with supa on this one. flowmaster is on everything from imports to full blown race cars. they make everything sound the same. you want something not main stream but with a good tone try purple hornies or cherry bombs. the exhaust on my K5 consists of about 8" of exhaust pipe w/ a welded on 3 bolt flange, a set of 18" race mufflers from summit racing, and then a 6" turn down. Now I wanted something loud and mean sounding and thats what I got. Its got a nice low rumble at idle and at cruising its berrible but once I cut it loose you better hang on to your ears because it sounds like a full bore race truck.

they aren't bad if you want a nice sound. i use them on all the exhaust systems I have built trucks because the people that I build them for want a really deep sound.

I have borla on my 03' mustang gt.

Best sounding exhaust i've heard on my model mustang - deeper and angrier than the flowmasters at idle, and she screams like a banshee at high rpm.

just my $0.02

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.