Which to choose?????

Taramps is legit, Make the power they claim and are damn cheap. They do not have a bass knob included I believe but one can be purchased for a little $.
I hear the adjustment knobs on amp (gain, low pass) are a little cheap.
I would recomend looking at the BASS knobs for Taramps, I think the one that works as an antenuator ( and as a bonus also acts to EQ the frequency bands) is around $55, not cheap but well worth it. The cheep one is an 2 channel inline RCA type, not a remote (phone cable) type. It is, if I recall, simply a volume control.

I'm a fan of most all the Dayton drivers. I’ve used them extensively in HT builds. In the process of an infrasonic sub, 12 cu ft, Dayton 18” Ultimax, tuned to 17Hz. Little DSP to flatten it a bit and should be able to bend the glass in the condo!
I have the Dayton reference he 10 in my Jeep. i bought it and decided to mess around with a few different enclosures. Had it sealed, ported passive radiator and in a parallel 6th order. It was especially good in the 6th order.
BA5561ED-5609-4ABB-8255-95771DA21477.jpeg
85E5E700-EFC5-4B40-AE5E-AAA430573B66.jpeg
A8473FBF-7B90-4FFF-B997-7E1E2F7C9642.jpeg
24FA99B4-90FB-4FBA-8CD1-EA3636E1A3CA.jpeg

You can get the bass eq (taramps bass knob with subsonic and lpf adjustments) of amazon for $38...I'm running a smart3 it's solid but the crossovers ain't amazing -12db and the adjustment knobs **** 😂...My subs are rated 1k each and are in a sealed box...the smart3 moves them just fine and sounds good...if you can keep your voltage up its a great choice

I would get the DVC2 ohm sub and snagg this amp up or look at a Taramps 3k 1 ohm amp for the $to run that sub @1ohm final load. if you get the DVC4 ohm sub.. I would get the taramps 3k 2ohm version amp. The Smart taramps 3k will run 1&2ohm . The Smart 3k Class D 0.50-2 ohm amp would be ideal .Check out the Dynos on the CT sounds 3200

Amazon product ASIN B084D4SDW2
Amazon product ASIN B0BZJXRNXY
Are the taramps really what they claim?

Are the taramps really what they claim?
Claim?? Several meanings (not to be a smart azz or anything) LOL. But Ive had a couple Taramps 3k amps and still have one I picked up from Anthony on here and have ran, and they do serve justice as long as you have the electrical to supply for the demand, just as any system(2k+ rms sub stage and 100x4 on up)usually with stock electrical. I run a 255 amp alt atm with two Orileys Super Start Dual Post 34/78 AGM batteries(easy to use top post to add Brass batt connections with wing nuts for the big3 and supply ) and 1/0ga OFC Sky High, with a Stinger Pro distro fuse block and Stinger pro Solid ground block for my supply atm. For my temp set ups Ill swapp subs and amps from 2k-3k on sub stage @1&2 ohms depending on the enclosure Ill throw in and run a few months and 100-140 x4 on mids and highs and sometimes Ill throw in a 50x2 for tweets. Id run that Hawk 15 on the Taramps 0.50-2 ohm amp or if you have the funds and space, Id deff pick up that CT Sounds 3200. my 2ks run excellent as well as my 150.4 and Im not easy on my gear most of the time

Amazon product ASIN B0BZJXRNXY

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...