Which charger for headway build

Participant count
  • Participant list

Metalfan038

CarAudio.com Newbie
Building small headway setup. 16 ah 8 cells. All new to me. Can someone shoot me a link for a cheap but safe lithium charger please. Its confusing when i search i have a regular 12v charger but cannot use that one of course thanks in advance. Or could i possibly use the 12v trickle one i have for my motorcycle some way?

Why is it not ok to just hook the battery up in parallel with the one under hood now and let the alt charge it?
You should ask whoever told you it's not OK to do that. Not sure what you think is going to happen once you start using it and it's charging off your alternator every day anyway?

All new to me.thought i needed to initially charge the bank with a plug in type charger before installing in my system. Thats why i am here to learn this stuff. So i can just build the bank and in
Amazon product ASIN B07512KQDW

16ah of headway is not going to support much at all though. 1500ish watts depending on alt and cell condition.
Its mostly a diy beginner setup if gies well will be expanding to 64ah. Thats why i am here to learn

All new to me.thought i needed to initially charge the bank with a plug in type charger before installing in my system. Thats why i am here to learn this stuff. So i can just build the bank and in

Its mostly a diy beginner setup if gies well will be expanding to 64ah. Thats why i am here to learn

You do. You will want to passive balance them and then use the adjustable power supply to charge them to your alternators charge voltage.

You do. You will want to passive balance them and then use the adjustable power supply to charge them to your alternators charge voltage.
Ok cool. I understand the top balancing and then install active balancer. So the charger i use
So charge them to 14.4 volts? Thats where my alt charges. So i will need a charger with a setpoint on it? The charger part is confusing me. Im reading different thi gs everywhere. Some people have said i could just throw my reg charger on it and monitor the voltage? Why couldnt i just build it and balance it and then run it with an isolator to let it get to full charge on my alt? Sry i am learning. Thanks for the help

Ok cool. I understand the top balancing and then install active balancer. So the charger i use

So charge them to 14.4 volts? Thats where my alt charges. So i will need a charger with a setpoint on it? The charger part is confusing me. Im reading different thi gs everywhere. Some people have said i could just throw my reg charger on it and monitor the voltage? Why couldnt i just build it and balance it and then run it with an isolator to let it get to full charge on my alt? Sry i am learning. Thanks for the help

That's why I recommend a adjustable power supply. You can set the voltage/amperage to whatever you want.

I parallel charged mine to 2.2 and then 15.8 when in the buss bars in series.

2nd bank.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...