Which Amplifier to use for these two subwoofers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

MojoGamerz

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, this is my first post! Any help would be much appreciated.

Now I am looking at getting 2 subwoofers and these are Pioneer TS-W311D4 (12" Champion Series DVC 4 ohm). These subs perform at 800 watt rms combined (400 watt rms each) and I'm going to wire the DVC in parallel and in parallel with the amplifier to make a total 1 ohm load. Now I have 2 amplifiers in mind and these are the Pioneer GM-D9601 or the Pioneer GM-D8601 and these of course are 1 ohm stable. So the GM-D9601 performs 1200 watt rms at 1 ohm and the GM-D8601 performs at 800 watt rms at 1 ohm (which would be a perfect match).

So my question is, is it a good idea to buy the GM-D9601 and have more "headroom" or just match the rms ratings and get the GM-D8601? And would I be right in thinking that the GM-D9601 will run cooler as it won't be as stressed as the GM-D8601? Thank you :)

Hi, this is my first post! Any help would be much appreciated.

Now I am looking at getting 2 subwoofers and these are Pioneer TS-W311D4 (12" Champion Series DVC 4 ohm). These subs perform at 800 watt rms combined (400 watt rms each) and I'm going to wire the DVC in parallel and in parallel with the amplifier to make a total 1 ohm load. Now I have 2 amplifiers in mind and these are the Pioneer GM-D9601 or the Pioneer GM-D8601 and these of course are 1 ohm stable. So the GM-D9601 performs 1200 watt rms at 1 ohm and the GM-D8601 performs at 800 watt rms at 1 ohm (which would be a perfect match).

So my question is, is it a good idea to buy the GM-D9601 and have more "headroom" or just match the rms ratings and get the GM-D8601? And would I be right in thinking that the GM-D9601 will run cooler as it won't be as stressed as the GM-D8601? Thank you :)
not running the amp to its full capability is always a good idea. soundqubed also has a 1200 watt amp for around the same price https://soundqubed.com/product/s1-1250/ actually on sale for $150

Thank you for the reply, I live in the UK and can't really find the amp anywhere. I can seem to find lots of Pioneer amps though. Thank you anyway!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.