• Participant list

rb042hou

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a zapco mono amp.

150 watts @ 4 ohms

250 watts @ 2 ohms

500 watts@ 1 ohm stable

The sub is Image Dynamics

Dual voice coil rated 250 watts @ 2 ohms.

Can I wire it in parallel to 1 ohm?

What will the amp be sending to the sub?

Will it blow the sub?

Does it send 250 watts to each voice coil?

My understanding is that if I wire it in series than it becomes a 4 ohm load to the amp. But don't only want to send 150 watts to sub. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Can I wire it in parallel to 1 ohm?

if its a dual 2 ohm coil, yes

What will the amp be sending to the sub?

optimally, 500

Will it blow the sub?

depends on the box. if its ported, maybe. if its sealed VERY unlikely

Does it send 250 watts to each voice coil?

optimally, yes

My understanding is that if I wire it in series than it becomes a 4 ohm load to the amp. But don't only want to send 150 watts to sub. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
see answers in red above. as long as your amp puts out 500 rms at 1 ohm, then youre questions are valid and you should be good. Just be careful when pushing it too hard/low in a ported box and avoid clipping at all costs unless you want to blow the woofer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.