Which amp should i get?

All the reviews I have read of soundqubed amps and subs are not only good bang for the buck but the people actually love em. You can look at other amps but your kind of in the middle as far as quality it either gets crappy(hifonics) or out of your price range for the power(sundown, dc). you could always buy used.
someone offered up a used AQ2200.1 for $300 shipped, but it was kinda scuffed up and, well... its used. For the additional $130, i think ill go new with a warranty

gotcha. very interesting whats happened to the world of 12 volt audio. Where i live, its all but died. Seems like the fact that stock stereos dont s.u.c.k as bad as they did back in my introduction into it, and people just dont seem to care about extreme audio nearly as much anymore. When i was the car audio sales manager at my local Ultimate Electronics, we used to sell TONS of type-r's, rockford he and hx2's, boston pro 12"s, infinity perfect 10"s and 12"s and tons of amps to go with. Rockford 700s's, bd1000's, xtant 1001s etc etc etc and the streets were littered with cars going boom boom... not anymore.... not around here at least

i do need to get some serious rattle in my trunk under control tho. Ive put a ton of sound deadening material in there, and still it rattles. Sounds like the brake light assembly against the sheetmetal. Might need to take that apart once its not snowing here anymore

sidenote, this forum wont let you say **** without putting .'s between the letters???? s.u.c.k. is ok, but **** isnt?????

well, i blew up my power acoustic amp. I was listening to Danzig at a pretty unreasonable volume, and she released her magic smoke. Gains were at about 1/5th, bass boost was off.... The only thing that makes sense is that the frequencies present in that album are much more in the low midbass range and were quite constant as opposed to the low freq's usually present in the dubstep and trance i usually listen to in my car. Either way, its dead. Birthday is coming up in 2 weeks, so theres that lol sadly soundcubed is out of stock on the amp i want //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

well, i blew up my power acoustic amp. I was listening to Danzig at a pretty unreasonable volume, and she released her magic smoke. Gains were at about 1/5th, bass boost was off.... The only thing that makes sense is that the frequencies present in that album are much more in the low midbass range and were quite constant as opposed to the low freq's usually present in the dubstep and trance i usually listen to in my car. Either way, its dead. Birthday is coming up in 2 weeks, so theres that lol sadly soundcubed is out of stock on the amp i want //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
crescendo bc2000 is the next cheapest along with an american bass vfl 120.1

How did you set your gain? Saying it was "at about 1/5th" doesn't instill confidence it was set near correctly.

How did you set your gain? Saying it was "at about 1/5th" doesn't instill confidence it was set near correctly.
well, it was a quick and dirty setting, but it was only about 20% away from min (however, i just read the amps manual and it says that max voltage input is 1 volt, min is 100mv. Might be the issue right there....)

also, i dont yet have an oscilloscope, but im looking around for a good bang-for-the-buck one to avoid clipping

also also, this is the first amp ive ever fried in a LONG line of previous amp installs. Yes, it has been a while since ive played with 12 volt stuff, but setting a gain has never been a problem in the past, even when running 5 volts from an old Eclipse deck to an old PPI and my A/D/S/ amps that are from an era where such voltage from decks was unheard of, so it could just be that the amp was on its last leg and i pushed it too hard, or i simply over-volted it. In either event, im pretty sure that the gain wasnt set too high, if it was, it would have clipped, and clipping would have blown the subs, and theyre not (tested them with a multimeter, still showing 4 ohms at the terminal)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.