Which amp should i get?

youdoofus

Skibidi
Im running 2 12" rockford P3 D2s (wired up to 4 ohms) and i just traded my POS Bass Inferno Bi3000d for a Power Acoustic Fi4x-600 and its a touch better than before (better cone control with the additional power), but I lost the bass control know which led me to these... Before anyone bites my head off, I know full well that Sundown Audio is a VASTLY superior brand, I'm just wanting to see if the extra $200 for less wattage is justified.

WoofersEtc.com - SAX-100.4 V2 - Sundown Audio 4-Channel 800W RMS Amplifier

http://www.amazon.com/Hifonics-Olympus-Boltar-Amplifier-Competition/dp/B00J3LWPVO/ref=sr_1_25?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1418523051&sr=1-25&pebp=1418523057534

Im running 2 12" rockford P3 D2s (wired up to 4 ohms) and i just traded my POS Bass Inferno Bi3000d for a Power Acoustic Fi4x-600 and its a touch better than before (better cone control with the additional power), but I lost the bass control know which led me to these... Before anyone bites my head off, I know full well that Sundown Audio is a VASTLY superior brand, I'm just wanting to see if the extra $200 for less wattage is justified.
WoofersEtc.com - SAX-100.4 V2 - Sundown Audio 4-Channel 800W RMS Amplifier

Amazon.com : Hifonics MT Olympus Boltar 2K 2, 000w 2 Channel Amplifier Competition Car Amp : Car Electronics
you are looking the totally wrong amps to power subs bro.

Also two D2 subs can only have a final impedance of .5 ohms, 2 ohms or 8 ohms.

you need a monoblock that does 1200 at 2 ohms.

i understand what youre driving at with the final impedance of both subs can be .5, 2 or 8 when combined, but i want to retain stereo as i listen to stuff that from time to time has 2 different bass tracks playing on either channel. I realize this isnt common, but i need to retain stereo.

Basically what im really asking is whether or not that Hifonics is a pile of junk, of if they usually put out the claimed RMS cleanly. Or should i go with the Sundown?

more in the lines of a kicker 1200 or Amazon.com : MRX-M110 - Alpine Monoblock 1100W RMS X-Power Amplifier : Vehicle Mono Subwoofer Amplifiers : Car Electronics

They are built for 2 ohm operation and are very efficient meaning you wont need crazy electrical upgrades like you would need to with cheap power hogging amps like hifonics and PPI, Most likely only need big 3 upgrade compared to an agm in the back along with big 3 upgrade with the inefficient bottom tier amps. Going cheap with amps will rack up costs in electrical upgrades or risk blowing your system up.

more in the lines of a kicker 1200 or Amazon.com : MRX-M110 - Alpine Monoblock 1100W RMS X-Power Amplifier : Vehicle Mono Subwoofer Amplifiers : Car ElectronicsThey are built for 2 ohm operation and are very efficient meaning you wont need crazy electrical upgrades like you would need to with cheap power hogging amps like hifonics and PPI, Most likely only need big 3 upgrade compared to an agm in the back along with big 3 upgrade with the inefficient bottom tier amps. Going cheap with amps will rack up costs in electrical upgrades or risk blowing your system up.
what about this guy?

Q1-2200D

It will but do you need that? If you think you will want to go bigger later go for it. Going to 1ohm with that amp will have extra cost. If you got the cash do it. If not get a reliable 2ohm.
the reason im leaning towards this amp is so each sub will be getting 650 RMS while not running it at its lowest impedance load. From my memory of 12 volt audio back in the day, when you drop the impedance, you increase the THD and also increase the heat coming off the amp as the lower impedance means more electricity is flowing thru it period. And am I wrong in thinking that having headroom with clean power is the way to go? Im not planning on going bigger anytime soon, just thought that this amp would kick the hell out of those Rockfords and make em pound quite well. Also, to Timmys post, i hate kicker LoL sorry, but i lived in Tulsa back in the early thru late 90s and i got SICK of the kicker stickers on every window in every lane of traffic //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the reason im leaning towards this amp is so each sub will be getting 650 RMS while not running it at its lowest impedance load. From my memory of 12 volt audio back in the day, when you drop the impedance, you increase the THD and also increase the heat coming off the amp as the lower impedance means more electricity is flowing thru it period. And am I wrong in thinking that having headroom with clean power is the way to go? Im not planning on going bigger anytime soon, just thought that this amp would kick the hell out of those Rockfords and make em pound quite well. Also, to Timmys post, i hate kicker LoL sorry, but i lived in Tulsa back in the early thru late 90s and i got SICK of the kicker stickers on every window in every lane of traffic //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Amps are not built the same anymore unless you go high dollar. They all are seeing rated right at 1% thd.

And don't worry, you don't see kicker stickers in the lanes anymore. I wouldn't expect to much out of those P3s, if you take the motor cover off there's not much under there.

Amps are not built the same anymore unless you go high dollar. They all are seeing rated right at 1% thd. And don't worry, you don't see kicker stickers in the lanes anymore. I wouldn't expect to much out of those P3s, if you take the motor cover off there's not much under there.
i was afraid of that with the stuff that ive been reading lately (well after my purchase...)

ok, lets say that i get this Soundcubed amp and decided to sell the P3's for much more serious woofers... It looks like soundcubed also makes a pretty darn nice line of sub also. Maybe a pair of SoundQubed HDS312 (dual 4's) or if i feel like forking over the dough, a pair of dual 1 ohm HDC3.112 Copper Coil Subwoofer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.