Which amp should i get?

fair point. on that note, what would all break if i do overdraw the alternator?
alternator can fail and stop charging, you would have no way of knowing it stopped charging. Your system will suffer extremely low voltages from a drained battery, your car might die on the road, your audio setup will blow from clipping via low voltages. Had a stock alt fail on me recently, good thing I caught it early with my built in volt-meter on my 80 prs and it only killed an under the hood battery I had that was still under warranty.

fair point. on that note, what would all break if i do overdraw the alternator?
edit: also, ive seen where people have used welding wire to upgrade the big 3. good idea/bad idea?
Just out of curiosity. How much did you pay for that useless cap? And yes you can use welding wire but it's prone to corrosion.

im strongly considering getting a volt/amp meter for the vast expanse under the radio in my car and fiberglassing it in with the knob that comes with the sq2200

I think i paid $80 for the cap several years back. I worked at Ultimate Electronics back in the day and gained some contacts at the local car audio shop, so the guys gave me a lower price on what ended up being worthless junk :/

regarding the corrosion issues with the weld wire, im assuming that putting terminal ends on it, soldering and shrinkwrapping should mitigate that as much as chemically possible, correct?

im strongly considering getting a volt/amp meter for the vast expanse under the radio in my car and fiberglassing it in with the knob that comes with the sq2200
I think i paid $80 for the cap several years back. I worked at Ultimate Electronics back in the day and gained some contacts at the local car audio shop, so the guys gave me a lower price on what ended up being worthless junk :/

regarding the corrosion issues with the weld wire, im assuming that putting terminal ends on it, soldering and shrinkwrapping should mitigate that as much as chemically possible, correct?
If all else fails just back the gain down till voltage is stable.

Moisture gets everywhere.

If all else fails just back the gain down till voltage is stable. Moisture gets everywhere.
another quandary for you guys, so ive been reading about the deck Jeff mentioned above (DEH-80PRS) and its got some amazing features that my double din dvd player deck plainly doesnt. Is there a double din dvd player that isnt exorbitantly expensive that has similar tunability to the 80PRS?

another quandary for you guys, so ive been reading about the deck Jeff mentioned above (DEH-80PRS) and its got some amazing features that my double din dvd player deck plainly doesnt. Is there a double din dvd player that isnt exorbitantly expensive that has similar tunability to the 80PRS?
Nope. You won't find a audiophile DD. There is only so much you can fit in the case.

Nope. You won't find a audiophile DD. There is only so much you can fit in the case.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif oh well, i rarely (if ever) watch DVDs on it anyways. Mainly wanted it because i thought it would be cool, but as it happens, the stupid thing takes about 20 sec for it to load any music off the usb flash drive anyways (and yes ive tried different flash drives usb 3.0, 2.0 different sizes etc etc and all take 20 seconds + to load)

People tend to shop more for toys since they don't know anybetter. I had a 80prs in my last car and I would deff use it again if I could. I always used alpines but they don't make anything like this anymore.

People tend to shop more for toys since they don't know anybetter. I had a 80prs in my last car and I would deff use it again if I could. I always used alpines but they don't make anything like this anymore.
Yeah, back in the day i ran an Eclipse 55430 to my A/D/S/ PQ20.2 for the low end and 2 PPI PC 2 channels to my fronts and rears. But that was a totally different world of car audio. It seems like car audio mainstream brands are SEVERLY being surpassed by "unknown" brands. Basically, I have a LOT of catching up to do. I remember back when the PPI PC21400 was the most coveted amp period. And thats back when it was being sold as new.

Also, i snapped a couple rca connectors off my PQ 20.2, where would i go to get replacement parts for it?

its not audiophile quality but its decent, AVH-X2700BS - NEW! - DVD Receiver with 6.2" Display, Bluetooth®, Siri® Eyes Free, SiriusXM-Ready™, Android™ Music Support, and Pandora® | Pioneer Electronics USA has 3 way network, (mids highs and sub), time alignment and 13 band parametric EQ and 24 bit convertors 4 volt preouts.

this one if you want dual cameras http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-X3700BHS

They are surpassed buy us but not the general population. Most will buy kicker over digital designs. They think they are flee market.
Well, it looks like DD is made in Oklahoma... Reminds me of Kickers roots, anyone else remember the line called Stillwater Designs? That was back before the hype of the brand that has become a best buy brand.

Digital Designs has a dealer about 60 miles from me here in South Dakota that i might check out if the SQ brand doesnt trip my trigger enough.

Any other price reasonable brands you can think of that i should be checking out?

Also, any thoughts on where to go for parts for my pq20.2?

Well, it looks like DD is made in Oklahoma... Reminds me of Kickers roots, anyone else remember the line called Stillwater Designs? That was back before the hype of the brand that has become a best buy brand.
Digital Designs has a dealer about 60 miles from me here in South Dakota that i might check out if the SQ brand doesnt trip my trigger enough.

Any other price reasonable brands you can think of that i should be checking out?

Dd has been around for a long time. They OEMed for MMATs in the day. They hold a lot of records. No idea about the parts

All the reviews I have read of soundqubed amps and subs are not only good bang for the buck but the people actually love em. You can look at other amps but your kind of in the middle as far as quality it either gets crappy(hifonics) or out of your price range for the power(sundown, dc). you could always buy used.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.