Amp clipping question?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys. I had a quick question on amp clipping. If you can't meet the electrical and amplifier wants to make its power , will it try to make that power with the less voltage and amperage ? And if so can this result in a clipped signal being sent out? My amp used to run fine with barely headlight dim. Now my lights , interior, and even amp leds dim on bass hits. I've turned the gain down scared to blow a woofer (already happened once) and I need to know if maybe getting a 2nd battery could solve this issue.

BTW my amp is fused at 140. I have a 145 amp alt and a crap Walmart batt. Thanks guys.

Hey guys. I had a quick question on amp clipping. If you can't meet the electrical and amplifier wants to make its power , will it try to make that power with the less voltage and amperage ? And if so can this result in a clipped signal being sent out? My amp used to run fine with barely headlight dim. Now my lights , interior, and even amp leds dim on bass hits. I've turned the gain down scared to blow a woofer (already happened once) and I need to know if maybe getting a 2nd battery could solve this issue. BTW my amp is fused at 140. I have a 145 amp alt and a crap Walmart batt. Thanks guys.
What's your voltage dropping to? Have you done the big 3?

Can 4 gauge welding wire be used on big 3? Its what i have available at the moment. And should I just take a digital MM and connect it to my batt when playing like full tilt?
Yeah man throw it on there. Anything is better than stock. And yes.

I'd connect the DMM to the amp's + and - power inputs. The voltage drop will probably be worse at your amp, because of the wire's length.
Okay. Ill measure both while im doing it. Then ill PM you and stang the status. Thanks

Yeah man throw it on there. Anything is better than stock. And yes.
Alright , sounds good. I can probably get it done this weekend. Ive seen some alt to batt lines fused and some not. Im gonna do that as I want to be safe, but what amperage should I fuse it at?

Alright , sounds good. I can probably get it done this weekend. Ive seen some alt to batt lines fused and some not. Im gonna do that as I want to be safe, but what amperage should I fuse it at?
Fuse to the wire's rated amperage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.