Which alarm?

yea it just pinswitches. and it has seperate zones for it on the 996...

about 140 is the cost of the 996. make sure it is the 996a not the 996C.... no main difference. just different wire colors. but i had to send a 996c in for warranty. before. and prestige does not even list the 996c anywhere.

The features you listed for the Prestige are useless, what does temp in the car and how long it's been running have anything to do with HEAVY SECURITY? Also I have a Python, another DEI alternative to Viper, pretty much the same thing, my shock senser is a 2 stage and is separate from the brain, oh, and was included with the alarm. And anyone who has common sense does not need a starter kill. Point is Audiovox adds useless features to make their product look more attractive, so if you want bells and whistles go with your Prestige if you want something that focuses on what an alarm is supposed to do go with a Viper.

the shock sensor on my 791xv is seperate.. lil clear cased thing

edit: heres a pic i took with my cell fone, it was the flash.. so it looks like crap.. but yea, its seperate.. maybe u talkin bout the cheaper DEI units.. their flagship models are great tho?

sensor.jpg

edit2: cant wait to see the reply to this one.. lol

i know that.... i said for the BASIC alarms. they are built in. i install them i know what comes in the fuken package.

the security is all the same for any alarm. it is the features people look for. the alarm is only as good as to how it is installed. if you have some idiot that has only installed a few alarms do it. and they leave everything open and the brain easy to get to then it is useless to have it. if you have it installed and everything looks stock or it is well hidden then it is a better alarm.

you people focus things on names and word of mouth then actual facts about the alarm.

so also you dont see the point in a starter kill?

ok then lets say you have a ford or a car, that when you do a remote start on it you have to put a spare key in a box in the car and have it use the coded key to start it. and the start kill is not installed. how hard is it to just start the car?

and if it is not installed correctly then they could just find that box and take the key out and start you car. where as if the started kill was there, and they found the key they would still not be able to start the car.

well on the prestige the brain and the starter kill are seperate.....

i will tell you what. how about you come to sac and if you have a viper alarm i will disarm it for you in less then 2 min. then i will let you try my car and see how long it takes you

can you rip out an interior, and cut out a sheet metal panel in less than 2 mins?

oh dont forget, you dont know where the brain is in the first place

cant hear the "tick" sound from it. so unless you installed it, it would take you awhile to find it. all the while, six sirens blaring

hope ya got earplugs and someone watchin ya back.

i know that.... i said for the BASIC alarms. they are built in. i install them i know what comes in the fuken package.

Idiot, you're telling me a 791 is a basic Viper, because that's what you were comparing your terrible ass Prestige too, Prestige is crap Audiovox=Thompson=Crap I'm done I don't care anymore.

so unless you have them all on a battery backup. they dont do ****, cause i could just pop your hood and disconnect your battery.

and sirens dont bother me at all. those peizo sirens dont do ****. and the dei sirens are kinda annoying but dont bother me either.

air horns on another hand bother me alittle bit. but i can still think around them.

every alarm has there flaw. and you only know how good your alarm is if you installed it.

oh and head bussa. maybe you did not read the first part of the post where i said. let me start out with the basic alarms. then half way down i went into the 996a and the 791... so i would think that most people that knew when you read something and you start out with basic you would go to something advanced later on in the post.

but maybe you could not figure that one out.

oh and if someone really wants your ****. they will stake your car out for a couple of days to see your reaction time. when the alarm goes off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.