Which advice is correct...HELP

specialk

My head is spinning. I am a pure novice who just wants a better sounding system as I spend a lot of drive time. I have been told three different things by local dealers.

Dealer A: sub, amp and processor

Dealer B: new speakers all around, amp and sub. No processor

Dealer C: new speakers all around, amp and sub with processor. Said I need processor because without it my voice system, Onstar, rear camera etc. will not work.

Three dealers and three different stories. Again I am a novice who just wants better sound that what I get from the stock system without affecting the voice on star, camera etc. any advice is appreciated. My price range is 600-800. Thanks

This is the setup that was recommended to me

PIONEER GMD9605 5 CHANNEL AMP

PIONEER TSA1606C FRONT SPEAKERS

PIONEER TSA1676 REAR SPEAKERS

PIONEER TSW311D4 12 INCH SUB

LINE LEVEL CONVERTER FOR THE FACTORY RADIO

4 GAUGE AMP KIT

4 CHANNEL RCA'S

SPEAKER WIRE

12 INCH SEALED SUB BOX

Just depends what u want. U could get a LOC and add a sub and amp and leave all factory stuff alone... that will add some bass to your music. Should cost wayyy under $800 bucks

Loc, 5 channel amp, sub in ported box, use the amp to power front door speakers and tweeters. When you remove the bass from the door speakers they sound much better. Door speakers will also sound better with an amp than off of a radio

Thanks all for the advice. So if I were to go new all around with a 5 channel amp would I need a processor to be able to keep my current applications such as o star, rear camera , voice usage etc?

You wouldn't need a processor unless you want to really tweak the sound and listening position. The speakers, including the sub would all run off of the new amp. There are products out there like the Helix P6 DSP that include the processor and amp in one neat little package. It all depends on your desired end result and how much you want to spend in the long run.

Thanks all for the advice. So if I were to go new all around with a 5 channel amp would I need a processor to be able to keep my current applications such as o star, rear camera , voice usage etc?
No you dont need a processor. you use an loc to get an rca output from the stock radio and hook the amp to the loc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.