Where Did You Mount Your Amp?

built an amp rack behind the backs seats of my truck

uploadpic.jpg

Here's mine:

As for the trunk lid, I wouldn't, but that's just me... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

As for the trunk lid, I wouldn't, but that's just me...
yeah they might not like the constant slamming, and your trunk lid might not stay open by it's self any more.

i just got a small sheet of plexi and trimmed it up to fit up close to the left side of my trunk and mounted my amp on it.

~Magick_Man~

I mounted mine on the back seat as well and on the trunk floor right behind the seat next to the box.

193053_282_full.jpg

193053_283_full.jpg

BTW, those are the pics after my car was broken into and my amps were stolen... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Would there be any difference in sound if I kept the seat with the amp mounted on it folded down vs up in the regular position? (I guess basically having an opening to my trunk vs having it sealed off...)
There is a HUGE difference in most cars with the seats up vs down. It's been my experience that with the seats down it is substantially louder.

i have my amp on top of my box. It was designed that way so there is plenty of room for cooling. And my subs are much louder with the seats down, but they might just be because they fire into the cabin?

Edit=

So I should keep the seat down then?
If there are 2 or less people in my car the rear seats are never up.

Okay... Another question

My setup is going to be 1 12" Kicker CVR...

I am still trying to figure out where to mount the amp, but no matter wehre, it seems like I should keep the seats down...

So that brings this question..

Wit the seats down, shoudl I have the sub facing the cabin or is it still better to jsut have it facing the tails?

Okay... Another questionWit the seats down, shoudl I have the sub facing the cabin or is it still better to jsut have it facing the tails?
You just have to listen and see what sounds better to you.

For me, facing cabin sounded really good.

I was probably getting cancelation when they were facing the "tails"

btw. rear speakers have been removed.

I wish i could make and actuator type system that can open and close my back seats. Cause its kinda hard to open them from the front seat. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.