Where on earth do I install these Pioneer speakers?

IancorsaD

CarAudio.com Newbie
London
Hi guys,

I'm a completely newbie when it comes to anything electronic in a car, let alone sound systems so please forgive the blunt lack of knowledge.

I have just found a pair of Pioneer TS-A6900 speakers in my parents home. They look lovely, but I can't find anywhere online talking about which part of the car these should be installed in!!?? They look like the parcel shelf kind of speakers to me, but at the same time, they aren't a tally 'subs' (when I looked them up online), but due to their shape, they wouldn't fit in any of the doors on my car I have (Vauxhall Corsa D 1.4), so where the **** should I be installing these?

Likewise, any one know HOW I even install these? Do I need an amp? Honestly I'm just so confused.

Any help would be immense.

Sorry forgot to attach an image ...

Attachments

• PXL_20230421_164047481.jpg
    PXL_20230421_164047481.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
If they don't fit in any spots in your car, I'd look at getting different speakers that fit. I know those are free, but don't think they're good enough to bother making mods anywhere in your vehicle.

Okay, appreciate the response. But could you tell me where these kind of speakers SHOULD be out on a normal circumstance where,.let's say, they were worth the modification

Okay, appreciate the response. But could you tell me where these kind of speakers SHOULD be out on a normal circumstance where,.let's say, they were worth the modification
Most vehicles have cutouts of a certain size for the speakers. If your car does not have that cutout size on the parcel shelf, they will not fit. If you still wish to use them, you could purchase pre-fabricated 6x9 boxes to surface mount on the parcel shelf.
Screenshot_20230421-183457(1).png

Last edited:
If they don't fit in any spots in your car, I'd look at getting different speakers that fit. I know those are free, but don't think they're good enough to bother making mods anywhere in your vehicle.
I agree with you. Not worth the effort, and if he buys boxes that fit on the shelf he will sacrifice his rear view. Toss them and buy speakers that fit.

It'd depend on the car...I had 6x9 in boxes in my olds delta88 and an 82' thunderbird...those land yachts had plenty of rear glass to see out of 🤣

Those are only 40 rms 6x9s and really not a great speaker. I would check them with a DMM to see if they are still reading the Ohms value @4 or close to 4 ohms. Look at the surrounds to make sure they are not cracked or separating. Id prob just make a little speaker box to put them in if good and use in the garage

Search the exact "year and model" of your car while including front speakers / rear speakers to find out what sizes are in it from the factory. That info is usually easy to find. Googling similar cars to yours, I'm guessing it doesn't use 6x9's, more likely 6.5 front and rear. 6x9's are more common rear speakers though.

But yeah, those Pioneer's are pretty old. And while they probably sound fine on a stock system, more than likely no better than the stock speakers you currently have.

I'm not against cutting holes bigger though. I cut the holes bigger many years ago to shoe horn some cheap speakers in, depends on the car I guess, wouldn't do this to everything. :ROFLMAO: I’ve also used small boxes on the rear shelf of my Lincoln Town Car, and could still see good enough.

I'm not against cutting holes bigger though. I cut the holes bigger many years ago to shoe horn some cheap speakers in, depends on the car I guess, wouldn't do this to everything. :ROFLMAO: I’ve also used small boxes on the rear shelf of my Lincoln Town Car, and could still see good enough.
This thread is over. No need to confuse OP, or go this route of thinking. It's not worth cutting ANY vehicle for, might be working, old ass, 40w 6x9s and then be stuck with that size where they wouldn't even sound good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...