when volume plateaus and at about 80%

JL drew up a box for me that's tuned to 32Hz I just don't know how to post it. It's a PDF format - I'm willing to make it I really wish I could show you guys . Or , if someone can shoot me a drawing of a beast box that will get me lower and if it could increase db I'd love to have it. Another reality I am beginning to come to terms with is that I went from cars, to SUVs to a full size conversion van and these vans are hard to feel since the woofer is 10' feet away tucked down low behind a bench seat. I've even though of building a box that would sit high so that the woofer is flush with the height of the rear seat so I can hear it better.

JL drew up a box for me that's tuned to 32Hz I just don't know how to post it. It's a PDF format - I'm willing to make it I really wish I could show you guys . Or , if someone can shoot me a drawing of a beast box that will get me lower and if it could increase db I'd love to have it. Another reality I am beginning to come to terms with is that I went from cars, to SUVs to a full size conversion van and these vans are hard to feel since the woofer is 10' feet away tucked down low behind a bench seat. I've even though of building a box that would sit high so that the woofer is flush with the height of the rear seat so I can hear it better.
It wont help. Bigger cabins need bigger woofers to pressurize the cabin.

So your thinking 18"s?

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Or more woofers ?

You do know that you are now sending me in a different direction now ? Lol, I should have gone with my original gut feeling when I bought the van which was 2 15"s but something told me go with a larger JL which was a 12 and more watts which was the W7 at 1000 vs 600. Ok, I'm going to put some serious thought into this. There is a guy seeking 2 Quebed ( did I spell that right?) 15s for 480$ . They are virtually new and are 1000 watts rms. I'm going to see what his bottom dollar would be

Let me know the max dimensions of the space you are willing to give up for the van and i will let you know if you can run one 18 or two, or maybe two 15s. I can have a simple aero ported box designed for you too.

I've got a guy who Will trade his 2 w6v2 12"s for my 1 w7. That's double the cone area but will lack wattage since they are 600 rms each at 4 ohms to my single 1000 rms. what are your thoughts on this - the w6v2 are 600$ each and they are in an HO box which is a few 100$ too.

You do know that you are now sending me in a different direction now ? Lol, I should have gone with my original gut feeling when I bought the van which was 2 15"s but something told me go with a larger JL which was a 12 and more watts which was the W7 at 1000 vs 600. Ok, I'm going to put some serious thought into this. There is a guy seeking 2 Quebed ( did I spell that right?) 15s for 480$ . They are virtually new and are 1000 watts rms. I'm going to see what his bottom dollar would be

No to be honest your local deals are at fked up rip off pricing unless they are hdc3s. However you dont have the necessay power to run hdc3s. Im pretty sure its the hds 300 line and they are only 160 new. Stay away. You overpayed for that 12w7 too. You can get 13w7s for 350 and thats the normal price.

For 400 dollars you can get a pair of 18s brand new with warranty made in the USA.

FU Car Audio, fu audio, fu car audio

I've got a guy who Will trade his 2 w6v2 12"s for my 1 w7. That's double the cone area but will lack wattage since they are 600 rms each at 4 ohms to my single 1000 rms. what are your thoughts on this - the w6v2 are 600$ each and they are in an HO box which is a few 100$ too.
No. Id recommend going over the top and be happy that you did. Otherwise these tiny "supposed upgrades" will continue to dissapoint. You have a Large car. I have a van too. 12s didnt do **** for me.

So your thinking 18"s? 

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Or more woofers ?
Keep in mind that added sub output will require added front stage output.

Now you are talking more power, better drivers, better install.

More power out needs more power in.

I doubt your front stage is good enough now for what the W7 can do.

Ok, you're right and as of now I'm selling all my JL stuff and going with what I originally wanted and you are suggestion - a couple of bigger woofers 15"s or 18"s.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

So you're thinking a single 18"

Keep in mind that added sub output will require added front stage output.
Now you are talking more power, better drivers, better install.

More power out needs more power in.

I doubt your front stage is good enough now for what the W7 can do.
That can always be solved by lowering the sub level until he beefs the front stage up. Its a van a 12 aint gonna do **** to overpower the mids.

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

Ok, you're right and as of now I'm selling all my JL stuff and going with what I originally wanted and you are suggestion - a couple of bigger woofers 15"s or 18"s. 

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

So you're thinking a single 18"

Give me measurements of width x depth x height and i will let you know what you can do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.