when volume plateaus and at about 80%

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
I recently got a W7 12''in an HO JL box and I am running it on a ALPINE 1000 watt amp. I get optimal sound at about 28 on the volume dial, the max is 35 its a ddx 492 Kenwood Double din. Once I go over it doesn't seem to do anything, it may actually may even muffle over the bass a bit. I am running 2 batteries and 4 gage wire. I did the 4 gage to the starter but have not the ground from the battery post to the chassis. Could this be a Gage issue? or a ground to chassis issue? The amp grounds are to the body, I grount off paint and bolted so I would think I am good there. I could turn up gain to get more but don't want to get the coil too hot in the woofer. My setting on the HU are , Loudness is off, Bass boost is off, woofer is maxed at 10 though and the bass boost on amp are off. What do you guys think?

Woofer or Amp? No distortion though the sound just seems to not get louder, almost goes down a bit once I begin to go over 28 and the max is supposed to be 35. If I turn up gain it will get louder but then I start to get that hot coil smell which no one likes.

If your head starts distorting at 28..... bigger amp plus distortion equals sad w7. Maximize what you have instead of just keep throwing money at it. Find out max safe volume, set your gain from there. It's really not terribly difficult to set gains by ear with a test tone.

Could the head be distorting because I have the subwoofer set to 10 = max? This is teh way I keep reading to tone. I set everything down except for subwoofer in HU which is set to max. I also have my Bass knob maxed when I tune, sound right to you?

No don't do that your gonna smoke your amp or sub... When you set your gains your eq should be flat meaning if you set it just before clipping at volume level 30 and then go and crank your boost and sub setting on your headunit all the way up you are now clipping your amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.