Whats your opinion on excessive amperage alternators?

i've had one for 2 years now with no problems.as far as comparing it to any other company...i cant help you there but i do think i'll give mechman a try for my astro.

I had one and had to have it rebuilt twice in 3 months or less, and then the guy I sold it to ran it for about a month and it failed again.

I would look into DC or Ohiogen

I've had to send mine back 2 times now, each time took over a month to get back. Sometimes it will stop sending the batt a charge if i don't have the fan or some power consuming device turned on other than stereo. bearing went out in my EA, and the other time it just fried. . . Overall i have had a few problems.

best thing you can do is find the company with the BEST customer service because like JCO said,its a hit and miss nomatter who you go with.just make sure you can get good service when and if something goes wrong with your alt.

I was lucky just to get one that wasn't DOA from EA. After 3 tries I got one that worked. When I drove my car to Minnesota, I took out the EA alt and installed my stock one, because I was afraid of breaking down on the highway. Nate is also a total douchebag.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.