whats your ht sub

HT Dayton

Advantages: I've never seen so much output and accuracy in my life. The monstrous cabinet (27" cube on 2.5" stilts) is what brings it alive since I've had it in so many other enclosures. Never bottoms out, and literally has enough low frequency output (crossed at 30hz) to shatter glass (mirror got vibrated out of the wall //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif )

Disadvantages: HUGE, large, insanely big and heavy, quite imposing, but since it's black, most people don't even realize what it is until I say something

Room HT Dayton RS

Advantages: Very small. Fits just about anywhere, sounds clean as hell and has enough output to fill a decent sized room for music

Disadvantages: Because it's sealed, it's not suited for movies. It cannot reach low and play loud at the same time.

Dorm Fi Q 15 on EP2500

Advantages: You can use your imagination as to what that'd be like in a dorm, so I'll leave it at that

Disadvantages: Conversely, you can imagine why this setup might not be too popular in a dorm room

Game room MAW 12

Advantages: Small and inconspicuous. Makes fantastic output for its small size and most people never notice it (15" cube on 2" risers)

Disadvantages: It really doesn't have any. It is loud enough for a small movie room and it's still accurate for movies. It's the most versatile.

Does that help, your black highness? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

JBL Venue 12

-sucker gets loud and decently low for only $200 shipped

Infinity Entra One (had this like 10 years lol its still going strong)

-does a good job but just isn't loud enough nor does it get low enough for my tastes thus why i bought the venue 12

HT DaytonAdvantages: I've never seen so much output and accuracy in my life. The monstrous cabinet (27" cube on 2.5" stilts) is what brings it alive since I've had it in so many other enclosures. Never bottoms out, and literally has enough low frequency output (crossed at 30hz) to shatter glass (mirror got vibrated out of the wall //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif )

Disadvantages: HUGE, large, insanely big and heavy, quite imposing, but since it's black, most people don't even realize what it is until I say something

Room HT Dayton RS

Advantages: Very small. Fits just about anywhere, sounds clean as hell and has enough output to fill a decent sized room for music

Disadvantages: Because it's sealed, it's not suited for movies. It cannot reach low and play loud at the same time.

Dorm Fi Q 15 on EP2500

Advantages: You can use your imagination as to what that'd be like in a dorm, so I'll leave it at that

Disadvantages: Conversely, you can imagine why this setup might not be too popular in a dorm room

Game room MAW 12

Advantages: Small and inconspicuous. Makes fantastic output for its small size and most people never notice it (15" cube on 2" risers)

Disadvantages: It really doesn't have any. It is loud enough for a small movie room and it's still accurate for movies. It's the most versatile.

Does that help, your black highness? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
how does that titanic dayton do for music? my tempest did ok for music, but crushed on movies (it was in the box u designed for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yes, i am satisfied. carry on

how does that titanic dayton do for music? my tempest did ok for music, but crushed on movies (it was in the box u designed for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
yes, i am satisfied. carry on
I'm still amazed you wanted that ****, I told you it was gonna be massive //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif . And the dayton does okay for music, but it really isn't made for it. It's tuned in the neighborhood of 18hz or so, so we're really not concerned about its musicality.

i have a barely used tb w8-740p i bought a while back been thinking bout using it in a 2.1 system off of a dayton 240 with the gain about under 3/4s the way and tuned to 29hz. you guys have much experience with using these little dudes in a basic size living room.

Comes out to 1.95 cubes, two 2" PVCs tuned in the area of 30-34hz. Perfect for video games. It might be 15x15x17, as I lost the design, I'd have to go measure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.